CHAPTER 28

I didn't let my fear get the best of me. I walked into the ER and there were already a medical staff waiting.
      They took her into the ward. That was when Dylan came in. He had cut himself up a bit as a way to sell our story.
      “Can you tell me what exactly happened?” a nurse asked.
     “They were in an accident. So I brought them here.” I told her.
    She nodded and went over to Dylan. She gave him some documents to fill in and then called in a doctor to treat his wounds.
      I had already called Mrs Stats to come here. I told her everything. Just when I got of the phone. I could hear Dylan complain about something.
      “What the heck are you doing here?!” Dylan said accusingly to the doctor.
       “Son, please let me treat you. We can talk about this later.” said the doctor calmly.
      Dylan huffed. The doctor cleaned the cuts and bandaged him. He was about to leave when Mrs Stats walked in with a sleeping Ellie.
     “Leo? What are you doing here?!” she said.
     “We’ll talk about this later. I need to go save our daughter.” he said and left to a room.
       Mrs Stats handed me Ellie while she went to go check on Dylan.
✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️
        I was so anxious the whole time we waited. I just thought that all she needed was a little rest and some cleaning up but I was wrong. She suffered major internal bleeding and she was very weak. The doctors were not very sure of her condition.
      “You should go to our place and rest hmmm. I’ll be here” Mrs Stats said.
      “I’m good. Thanks.” I told her. She nodded and left with Dylan and Ellie.

       “I’m sorry. I just had to get you out of there.” I said pleading.
     “I hate you! I hate you for what you've done. Leave me and never come back!” she shouted at me with tears on her  eyes.
   As soon as she said that I was thrown into a dark pit and the last thing I saw was disgust in Cara’s eyes and I could swear that I just died there and then.
        I woke up in a cold sweat. I had slept on the hospital chair. The guilt was really haunting me.
       I knew she didn't want me killing anyone but I had to in order to save her. I was so scared she’d hate me.

        After a couple of hours Dylan and Mrs. Stats came. They waited for awhile before Leo came. He  came to give us the report.
      “Well she's safe now but still unconscious. She had major internal bleeding and unfortunately she's temporarily paralyzed from the waist down.” he said sadly.
      “Will she heal?” I asked.
      “She will but we can't tell how long it will take.” he replied.
      “Oh” I said and left to go sit somewhere else. As soon as I left. Dylan and his mom got into some kind of argument with the doctor. He looked so sad and sorry but changed my focus. My mind went to what  Cara’s reaction would be if she knew about her condition and what I had done.....
✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️
     I was presently at home taking a relaxing shower which I needed right now. When I was done I  went downstairs only to meet Ellie sitting down on the sofa.
       “Where’s mom and dad?” she asked. I didn't know how u was going to sugar-coat this so I told her the plane truth.
      “Mom and dad were arrested.”
      “Why?”
     “Because they did some bad stuff.” I told her.
      “Are we still going to stay here?”
     “Yup” I said popping the ‘p’
     “Will Cara be alright?” she asked and I felt myself swallow.
    “She’ll be fine. The doctor said she’ll heal.” I told her with a smile.
     “Okay. ” she said  and smiled.
      “Lets go get you something to eat.” I told her.
       We went to the kitchen to get her something to eat.
      When Ellie said she wanted to hang out with Cara’s mom I took it as an opportunity to go to the gym. I needed to let loose anyway.

     When I got to the gym the first person I saw was Kyle. Why does it seem like he is always at the gym?
   “How’s my best friend snachter doing?” he asked. It took me time before I realized that he was talking about Cara.
        “She’s safe now” I said as walked over to the treadmill. I put on my headphones and played my ‘Stressed out’ playlist.
      I was really stressed out with all that was going on. I didn't know how to handle it. I didn't know if Cara would accept what I’ve done let alone forgive. I didn't know how to handle the situation with Ellie because I knew that she would want to go visit our parents. She just had a big heart and that's what made her special.
       I think I almost busted the treadmill because I saw Kyle waving his hand in front of me. I took off my headphones.
      “Maybe it isn't best if you train now?” he said with a small smile.
      He took me out of gym.
“Why don't we just go for a walk huh?” he asked. I just nodded and we left the gym.
    We just took a small walk down the street.
      “You shouldn't really beat  yourself up. She's fine isn't she?”
He asked.
    “That isn't what I’m worried about” I sighed.
     “I’m worried that she won't forgive me for killing all those people.” I explained with a heavy sigh.
    “Dude, if she can't forgive you for doing what you must to save her then she isn't for you.” he told me with a reassuring smile. I won't lie that really helped.
       At night, on my bed, I couldn't help but think about what Kyle said. I knew he was right but I was still a bit scared.
      Ay, this girl will drive me nuts but in a good way.

Just two more chapters and the special POV.
Vote and comment
-Carsyne 😘