CHAPTER 14

Joe just stared at me like a fish out of water. This is so awkward. I had started fidgeting just thinking about him backing off.
  “Sure, I’ll just follow you home after school,” he said. Phew.
   I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. This wasn't so bad.
LUNCH

    Lunch today was interesting. Today we had fried chicken, pizza and ice cream or pudding if you like. What the heck was going on. The cafeteria normally served us food, not slop, but edible. I never thought in my entire school year life we would have this kind of food. I stared round the cafeteria to see everyone else with weird looks.
   “What do you think happened with the lunch lady that she gave us this?” Luna asked.
     “I have no idea.” I said truthfully.
       Just then, Linda took to the center of the cafeteria. Oh great, the slut queen has something to say.
    “I’m sure you all are wondering why you have been served this wonderful food. Well it's just a preview of what you will experience if you vote for me as your class president,” she said beaming. So that's what all this about. I will note not vote for Linda, not in a billion years. She just wants to improve her status.
     She left the center and got swallowed by a sea of bodies.
   “Well that removes poison from the list,” Joe said as he dug in. I shook my head.

     Acting is like my escape. I love acting. Acting is my passion. That's why I take this class and that's why I'm acting this cringe worthy scene.
  “You don't have to be so sad Fredrick She doesn't deserve your tears. You know, I have always loved you,” I said as I knelt to the floor to sit beside him. I turned his head to look at me. I wiped away the imaginary tears. “You can't understand the pain I’m feeling right now,” he said in a croaky voice to show he had been crying.
     “I do understand. How do you think I felt every single time I see you and my best friend together. She doesn't deserve you.” I said and then Gina kissed him. Fredrick didn't pull away nor did he respond.
    “Now you know how I feel,” I said and walked away.

   Joe and I were walking to my home when he asked,“ Why do you take acting class? I mean why do things that are cringe worthy instead of just doing your own thing instead of what was written down for you to do?”
    “I like to sometimes be someone I’m not. I like to explore other ways of viewing and doing things through acting,” I told him truthfully. This conversation just reminded me of the time I asked Chris why he acts.

   In no time we were in front of my house. “Is your brother scary?” Joe asked with a hint of nervousness.
     “No,” I said giving him a smile. I opened the door to meet an overprotective Dylan. He told Joe to sit. He asked him about his family and some other things I can't remember. When Joe left, my brother had a smile on his face. This is a good sign.
   “I like him. He’s okay, but I’ll still be watching in from time to time,” he told me.
   “Really?” I asked. He nodded. I hugged him.
     “Okay, I gotta go,” he said and walked out the door. Where to I don't know.
✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️
CHRIS’ POV
       Before I headed to the gym, I was a nervous wreck. Dylan was Cara’s brother. I actually listened in on their conversation. Dylan told them a cover story. He was really kidnapped but he was kidnapped and forced to join the gang.
      When I got to the gym I got some composure. I didn't want Kyle asking questions. Dylan would kill me if he found out I listened to them. I was attacking a punching bag when he came in.
    “Stay away from my sister,” he said in a whisper so only I could hear.
     “I’ll teach you French. But stay away from her. She's already at risk with me being in it,” he whispered. I nodded and we got to work. The tournament was just a couple weeks away and by that I mean two weeks.

   After the work out I was sore. Kyle followed me home. He was like another brother to Ellie. “Kyle!” she said bounding down the stairs. She ran into his arms as he lifted her off the ground. They both went to the living room to watch TV. I on the other hand went to take a shower. When I was done and fully clothed, I got started on my homework. My mind went to Cara. How do I tell her that we couldn't hangout anymore. Although we weren't friends, at least that's what I thought. She was fragile just ignoring her could break her because I'm pretty sure to her we are friends. It felt pretty  good to have someone else think of me as a friend other than Kyle. Ugh. This is all Dylan's fault. That's it. I will use him as an escape.
    I went downstairs to check on the duo. It was getting late and the drunkards I call parents would be arriving soon.
    “What are you two up too?”
   Their eyes snapped to me.
  “What does it look like? It's a fort,” Ellie replied.
   “Okay, Ellie I better get going,” Kyle  said getting up. She hugged him and said her good-byes.
    “Lets get dinner ready,” I told her after cleaning up.
     “Chrisy when next will you take me to see your tutor? I like her and miss her. She is nice and reminds me of Martha,” she said. I took a sharp intake of breath. I can't believe she still remembers her. I took out the  Mac and cheese from the fridge. “How about tomorrow?” I asked. She beamed.
     “Yes please,” she said.
   After dinner my parents came back and didn't even bother to check on us.

    In my room, all my thoughts were on Cara. Not in the loving way. Is she my friend? I mean, she may only be doing this because of our deal. She is understanding, kind and gentle. And that my friends is how I found myself wanting us to be friends.

Hope that wasn't too cringe-y guys. If so pls do tell in the comment section.
Vote pls
-Carsyne 😘