CHAPTER 17

Today was the day. We were finally going to present the play to the whole school.
     We came early to school to make time for last minute rehearsals. Luna and I were dressing up when she asked a bizarre question.
   “Would you count this onset kiss as my first kiss with Chris?”
   “Yeah, sure,” I replied.
   “Cara,” she said grabbing my hand. “I don't know how to talk to him. Could you help me?” she asked.
   “Of course. In fact I’m going to meet him right now do you could follow me.” I told her.
   “Wait, why are you going to meet him?”
   “I’m going to meet him because in our last lesson he told me he was nervous and I offered to help,” I said. It's not kind of a lie though.
   We headed in the direction of the boys dressing room. We met a pacing and worried Chris.
   “I didn't expect you to be so nervous,” I said walking closer.
    “You’ re finally here. You gotta help me.” he said and stopped pacing.
      “Firstly, just stay put.” He followed my instructions.
      “Now, take a deep breath and relax.” he obeyed again.
     “Better?” I asked.
     “Yeah. But what about when I'm on stage?” he asked starting to get nervous again.
    “Just forget your on stage. Just put your mind to believe your just rehearsing. I’ll leave you two to do some rehearsing.” I said giving both of them a wink and walked away.
     I chuckled when I was out of earshot.
    “What’s so funny?” Joe asked.
     “Nothing really,” I replied. He was about to say something when Mr. Grey called all of our attention.
   “Okay everyone. Today is the day. Go make me proud!” he said. He walked on stage and gave a brief introduction and then the play began.

✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️

    “I love you so much,” Carter said as he leaned down and kissed Diana. The curtains fall. It was  beautiful. I can't believe it's over.
    “So.. was my advice helpful?” I asked Chris as he came down from the stage.
    “Yeah. Thanks.” he said. I was about to say something but I saw my brother coming from a distance.
     “I’ll chat with you later. Gotta go,” I said as I walked away not wanting to anger my brother.

     It's been days now and Chris and I are becoming really close. I tried to get him to give Luna a chance but he refused. He told me he didn't like her.
      Joe and I act more of friends than a couple and it doesn't bother me. Weird. I guess it was just a crush and it's over now. I’ve tried to talk to him about being just friends but something always comes up. Like this one time, a fire alarm went off.
      Presently Luna is at my house. We were watching Keeping up with the Kardashians when my phone rang. It was Chris, he was face timing me.
     “Well hello my good sir, how may I help you?” I asked with a very terrible acsent.
     “I need to know which shirt is better,” he told me as he adjusted the phone so I could see the two shirts. One was a flannel shirt. It was red and blue. While the other was a plain shirt.
     “Go with a white shirt and just tie the flannel round your waist.” I told him.
      “Thanks. How's the poem coming?” he asked.
      “I’m done with it. Your coming to the recital right? It's this Friday.” I asked him. I really wanted him there. He was my inspiration for the poem.
     “I can't I’ll be out of town this Friday,” he said sadly. 
      “Oh okay,” I told him. As soon as those words left my mouth Luna snatched the phone from my hand.
    “Hey Chris. How would you like to go out with me. We could meet at the Starbucks down town?” she asked. Chris sighed.
    “Look Luna, I don't like you. Could you please give it a rest?” he asked and he hung up. Luna threw my phone away. She started sobbing.
    “Why doesn't he like me? What did I do wrong?” she asked sobbing.
    “Oh, Luna..”
    “No don't say anything. What kind of friend are you? You have become best friends with my crush and didn't bother to help change his mind about me,”
     “I did try to change his mind but he wouldn't budge,” I tried to explain.
    “Lies. You’ve shown that you are my enemy. Good bye forever Cara,” she said and left my house.
     Did she just ditch me. I just lost Luna. Oh my gosh. I ran up to my room and cried. I tried to call Chris but he didn't answer. Dylan hasn't come over in a while. What the heck was going on?

CHRIS’ POV
    Cara and I have become so close. I'm not stupid, I know that I’ve fallen for her. And now I have to get her away from me. The tournament is on Friday, the same day as her recital. I really want to be there but if I miss the tournament disastrous.
      “You are weak. If you can't take me down. You're not gonna last a minute!” Dylan growled at me. He was right. I was getting weak.
      After five minutes of rest. I was in the ring against Dylan. He was training me just the way the tournament was going to be. It was a process's. First it will be one against one, then one against two and continues like that till one man stands.
     “Think of motive to keep you fighting,”  Dylan told me. A motive? What could motivate me to fight.
  Cara and Ellie!
    All my battles are for them. Just to see them smile and be happy.
     After having that in mind, I took my stance and prepared for his attack. He charged, I dodged. We threw hits and kicks.
     Moments after, Dylan got me in a head lock. I was chocking, but I wasn't going to let that stop me. I used my leg to kick him out of balance. His grip loosened and I threw him to the floor.
   “Impressive,”

Pls vote and comment
-Carsyne 😘