CHAPTER 30

It's been two months now. I finally graduated with a scholarship to study acting at  Femitry’s Film Academy.
      It got me glares from some friends of Gloria and Gloria herself. It was really hard to receive my diploma considering that I was in a wheelchair but that was going to change.
       I had arranged for a picnic. Mom, Ellie, Dylan, Kyle and Chris were to attend.
     Dad and I had been having therapy over the phone and with some practice my legs were healed.
    Goodbye wheelchair!
   I actually told Ellie mostly because I needed her help in practicing how to walk.
        I was in the kitchen helping mom with the food. I told her it was a simple picnic but she wouldn't listen. She made sandwiches, cookies, banana bread and home made yorghourt. Let's not forget the fried potatoes and grilled chicken!
   “Mom!” I groaned out.
   “What? Don't you want me cooking anymore?” she asked teasingly. She then looked at me and frowned.
     “I really hope you get out of that wheelchair soon. I hate seeing you like this.” she said sadly.
  “Don’t worry mom. I’ll be out of it soon.” I consoled her. Sooner than you think.
     I wheeled myself to the living room and took  the remote. No sooner had I chosen a channel that my phone rang.
     “Miss best friend stealer! How you?” Kyle asked. I chuckled a little. He always knew how to make us  all laugh.
     “I’m all good, you?”
      “I’m stressed out. Mr lover boy won't stop busting up the equipment.” Kyle lamented and I heard a little something like,“I do not!” in the background.
      “Get well soon or I’ll be charging you for everything he breaks!” he threatened me in a joking manner.
      “But seriously, get well soon.” he told me in a way that a true friend does.
      “It’s a deal.” I told him and we hung up.
    These guys were making me very anxious about their surprise.
     CHRIS’ POV
     “I’m serious dude. You are going to wreck everything in this gym if you don't stop now!” Kyle told me.
     I knew he was right but I couldn't help it. I kept blaming myself for what had happened to Cara and the fact that she organized a picnic is making me even more worried. What if she's planning on killing herself.
   I gulped.
   I can't let that happen. She was too precious to let herself go like that.
     But what made me even more suspicious was that Ellie was hiding something. How do I know this? One night she was on the phone with someone and when she saw me coming she abruptly hung up. When I asked her about she gave me no reply.
      “Better go take a shower. The picnic will be starting soon.” my best friend told me and I obliged. Maybe the shower would help me.

        When we got to the agreed area, we met Dylan setting up. When I saw all the food I just had to ask,“Is this a picnic or a luncheon?” Dylan chuckled, “That’s my mom for you”
     Just then, his mom pulled up not too far and I felt my stomach drop...
    CARA’S POV
   This was it, the moment I had been waiting for since I could walk again.
     Ellie was with me considering she had a sleep over at my house. My mom wanted to come help me out the car and into my wheelchair but I stopped her. She gave me a firm look but I ignored her. I stepped out of the car with some support from Ellie.
    “What the heck are you doing?!” my mom asked but I paid her no heed. I managed to get out of the car and began making my way to the others. They all looked at me like I was the missing link.
     “What? Can't a girl walk anymore?” I asked the with the biggest smile on my face.
      They all smiled at me and came to hug me. I'm pretty sure mom was crying now.
     “How?”
      “When?”
      “Medicine?”
     They all asked at once and I was all but happy to reply.
     “Dad and I were doing therapy over the phone and Ellie was my helper.” I explained.
    “For how long?” Dylan asked.
     “Since I got out of the hospital.” was my reply.
    “You could have therapy?” mom asked sounding slightly annoyed.
     “Yeah, dad asked the day I woke up. I told him to keep it secret.” I told her.
       “Okay, enough of that. I want to eat!” Kyle said making us all laugh.
       After eating and chatting for some hours. Okay not some hours, more like two hours, mom and Ellie were tired so they went home.
      After another hour of games between the rest of us Dylan left. By now it was obvious that Chris and I wanted to be alone to clear the air so Kyle left.
     When he finally did Chris was reluctant.
     “You don't have be scared, just talk.” I told him. He sighed.
     “I was scared that you would kill yourself and I kept blaming myself for your former situation.” he said in one breath. I  looked him dead in the eyes and said,“One, how could you think that?! And two, you are not to blame, I was the one who was stubborn and didn't listen to you.” I told him while cupping his face.
    After I said that he looked at me for some time before he kissed me. The kiss was beautiful and brought back my memory of our first kiss. I was about to say something but he pecked my lips, them my cheek, then my nose.
     “Do you know how awesome you are?” he asked while looking me in the eye. I got lost in his eyes before I remembered what I was thinking about before.
    “Do you remember what you told me the first time we kissed?” I asked while bitting my lip.
     “Yeah, I said ‘you cheated,like having an affair’ why?” he asked looking a bit confused.
      “Well I’m happy that I had that affair because although I did loose my legs for some time, I had a wonderful time and most importantly, I found the love of my life.” I told him before kissing him again with lots of passion.

                        The End

This is the end folks. Just the special POV left.
  Thank you so much for reading this book and being in this journey with me. It means a lot.

I will be releasing another one  of my books, it called MY MATE. It isn't complete yet but do check it out.
Vote and comment
-Carsyne 😘