Chapter 10(Maddison POV)

Chapter 10: Confusion 🤷🏼‍♀️

As soon as Isabella and I walked into the classroom and everyone else arrived. Mrs.Burkle wrote her name on the board and said to the class that her name is Mrs. Burkle and that I will be assigning a partner and an assigned seat for each of you. As soon as she mentioned the assigned seat, everyone groaned, including us. Hello?! I'm the most popular girl, I DON'T do assigned seat! "Ugh...this is so unfair, why do we have to have an assigned seat? We're not babies anymore," I muttered to Isabella. Please me and Isabella will be assigned to sit together, I don't want to sit with those other disgusting weirdos! "Now, now, no complaining students. I want all of you guys to meet new people and get to know one another. First up Maddison, you're paired up with...Jason and you will be sitting in the second row in the middle," Mrs.Burkle said cheerfully as she pointed with her finger at Jason meanwhile still looking at her clipboard. Jason? As I looked over at Jason who was wearing a black leather jacket,our eyes met. Hmmm...I don't think I saw him around last year before, he must be new also. Usually when the teacher does an assigned seat and I wasn't assigned to one of my BFF's, I would raise my hand and complain to the teacher until the teacher finally agreed to let me sit with either Isabella or Sophia. But this time,for some reason I didn't raise my hand and complain, instead I just walked to our assigned seat and sat down next to Jason. From where Isabella was standing at, I could see her looking at me with a confused and shocked expression. I was having the same expression as I sat down...