Chapter 17(Emma POV)

Chapter 17: Denying, denying, denying!😳

As soon as I was back on my feet I looked up at the person who saved me. It was Alex and he was glaring at Maddison who tripped me and told her that he was breaking up with her. After that, Maddison ran out of the cafeteria but not before I saw tears dripping down her cheeks one by one. Awww,I feel a bit bad for her. Even though she tripped me, her boyfriend had just broken up with her in the whole cafeteria. "Um...thank you for saving me. But isn't it a bit harsh breaking up with her? I asked shyly. "No problem and it is a bit harsh but well I can't be with her if she keeps on doing this to people...people like you" he said as he turned around to face me. As soon as he faced me, his eyes suddenly flickered on mine. We gazed at each other for what seemed like an eternity, we tried to look away but every time we always managed to go back to look at one another's eyes. "Come on Emma we have to get our lunch," Olivia said as she looked at me then at Alex and me back as she scooted in between us. She tugged on my hand and pulled me to the lunch line. I waved bye at Alex as he went back to his table. I still kept on grazing and smiling nonstop at him. "Hello, earth to Emma, are you there," Olivia said as she waved her hand up and down in front of my face. "Huh?" I said with a dazed look. "I KNEW IT, you like him!"Olivia exclaimed as she followed my eyes to where I was looking. "WHAT! No...no I don't," I stammered as I finally snapped out. My face suddenly turned red with embarrassment. "Yes you do, you're blushing. Stop denying it," Olivia chirped as she smiled at me. Olivia you're wrong, I don't like him, not in any way...do I?!