Chapter 10 - Games are fun

Chapter 10

Damn, he felt so tired. After spending the whole day patrolling, his legs felt numb and his head was all but in the right place. If that wasn't enough, he had to argue with the commander about having a day off.

It took thirty minutes for them to stop shouting at each other and another fifteen for him to happily walk away with a day off, which will last from today night to tomorrow lunch.

Izuku was supposed to come today, and one glance at the blue sky told him he had at least an hour or two to sleep before that happens. So he threw himself at his tatami mat and almost cried in joy.

His sleep schedule was fucked up, he slept one hour, three times a day, but not on his mat. The alleys were always a good spot for a quick nap if he sometimes felt like sleeping on breaks, but they became his main spot and a replacement for his mat for the past two days.

He was getting sick of it. Any longer of this shit and he might die. His head hit the pillow with a light thud, and before he could think of anything else, his eyes closed, and his brain turned off.

There was a hope that Izuku won't come today, and he would actually catch up to sleep, but when something rough poked his cheek more than three times, it made him realize that maybe, it wasn't a damn fly.

His eyes blinked open while his brows immediately furrowed. His vision was blurry, but after a few blinks, he could make out a big figure with a green mess on his head.

He groaned as Izuku moved a step back after noticing he was up. "What time it is." His voice was muffled by his pillow when he asked, and at this point, he was fully awake.

"It's seven." 'I got three hours of good sleep.' He thought as he tried to get up, pushing himself up by the arms even though he didn't want to, and nearly kissed the floor with his entire face. Thank god Izuku was there and caught him.

"Here, let me help." Izuku pushed him up with ease, and when Katsuki finally stood on his two feet, the man let go. Izuku's left hand was still held up, close to his back, ready to catch him any time.

"Fuck, let's go before I pass out on the damn floor." He didn't bother changing clothes and walked down the stair in his dirty white shirt and dusty cargo pants. Izuku was quick to follow him, even opening the door for him.

They walked through the doorframe before Izuku spoke, his voice cheerful and soft. "You can sleep on our way to Yaraoi." Katsuki half-yawn in response, walking next to Izuku as they headed to the motorcycle.

"You are awfully energetic." He said and wasn't sure if he could deal with that kind of Izuku today. He wanted peace. "S— sorry! It's just-." The man played with his thumbs, his shoulders up and tense.

"I was thinking about tonight a lot, and... wanted to think of something nice." All Katsuki needed was Izuku's couch. That thing was the softest shit he ever slept on.

"Like what?" The motorcycle came to view, hiding in the same spot as before. A chill ran down his spine when a cold breeze went past them. The nights were always cold, he should have at least brought a coat.

Izuku noticed what happened, and was quick to react, pulling down his black jacket and settling it around Katsuki's shoulders. The fabric was soft against his skin, still warm from Izuku, and it smelled like lavender too.

"I will tell you later, let's just go." Izuku said as he hopped on the motorcycle, starting the engine. "And the plan?" He asked, sitting behind Izuku and laying his head on the other's back.

"We can discuss it later."
.
.
.
They drove away, slower than the first time. The engine was quiet, humming like a song in the background. Izuku's jacket worked like a blanket, and Izuku was so warm. It felt perfect for a nap.