Chapter 37 - Rewrite the present

A//N alright, uff, how should I start? Thank you guys so much! I don't know how this happened but it made me so happy!!
I never even dreamed of a number like this ever showing up before my eyes, and I'm so glad people like my content. :-D Thank you to all who follow me and who read my stories! It's a big support and keeps me going. <3

Chapter 37

It was evening now, almost four hours after that mess. The sun was slowly getting lower, turning the sky a nice set of orange hues that illuminated his room, turning into a more comfortable place.

He doesn't remember the way back, and what he does remember is hidden behind the fog of his thoughts slowly suffocating him from the inside. Shinsō and Izuku's friend, the redhead, stayed behind too…

Katsuki bit into his bottom lip. Tears were threatening to fall, and for a second he wanted to let them out, not having enough energy to fight against it. Next to him, with a quiet shuffle, Mina pulled out a set of blankets, throwing one around her shoulders before slowly walking towards Denki, who didn't move from his spot since they moved here, staring at the plain wall as if it offended him, and threw one on top of him.

The blond didn't budge so Mina had to adjust the blanket herself, covering Denki from head to toe. It's not like it was cold here, but the shock from everything was taking out its price on their bodies.

The time moved painfully slow. He didn't know what they were waiting for, but the invisible weight in his ribcage wasn't making the waiting any easier, to top it off, he couldn't feel his body. It was a weird feeling like he was chained to the ground, with chains so heavy, they were crushing him.

His mind craved for the familiar comforting touch. It was stupid. He knew that he would never get to feel those warm hands around his waist, nor the sweet reassuring words whispered into his ears. He knew it and still craved it.

The word never repeated in his mind constantly. It was a hard word to process, unimaginable or even unbelievable.

There were footsteps on the floor below them, telling him Izuku was back and that he should stop whining and be strong, if not for himself then at least for his team. "Mina." He mumbled when Izuku reached the last step.

"I'm going to–" Mina didn't let him finish that sentence, forcing her own thoughts out before he could. "You aren't going to do anything alone." He thought of what to do a lot, and there were times where he thought going alone was the best decision, but he reached the point where he realized that point was foolish.

"No, I'm not." She looked surprised by that answer, and that's when she waited, listened to him. "I'm not doing this alone but I'm not doing this with you either." Her face scrunched unpleasantly, irritation tickling her insides, whispering to her to snap.

"I will lend you my power." He was once again remained of Izuku's almost non-existent presence. The room shifted uncomfortably. Mina's eyes widened, and that's when he was sure she realized his decision.

"Uraraka is already filling in a report. We are going to fool the government into thinking I'm coming back willingly." Mina raised from her spot next to Denki and met Izuku's eyes head-on. "I'm not sure if I want Katsuki near you ever again."

The blanket from her shoulders fell to the ground, never stealing her attention from the man. Katsuki was examining her body language carefully from where he was sitting on his mat. She was on the edge, fighting with herself, the shaking hands told him that it would be easy for her to lose control with the wrong set of words.

"Let them go, Mina." Denki joined in, eyes never leaving the wall as he talked. "I want Katsuki to kill them, I crave repayment." Her gaze fell at Denki's words. It was clear she wanted the same, but leaving Katsuki with them was the point she was unsure of. Denki was always so cheerful, she knew she wasn't built to kill, and she thought Denki wasn't as well, but today proved her wrong.