Chapter 3 - showers

Chapter 3

"Not on my bed." Izuku frowned, looking at the tatami mat. "You call that a bed?" He rolled his eyes, got up, and started walking down the stairs to look for something Izuku could sleep on.

"Well, Princess, we don't have the luxury as you have in the city." The man followed him down, raising an eyebrow when Katsuki pulled up the red carpet and revealed a small wooden door.

The underground room behind it wasn't big, maybe half the size of the room above him. It was full of fabrics, old papers, and maps with a small table on the side, but the thing that struck the most was the old air bike.

The machine was in the corner of the room, dust covering the yellow color, making it look like an untouched treasure. He saw Izuku eyeing it, surprised to find something like that in here.

"My father owned it, got into an accident, and crashed it. I'm trying to repair it since then, but don't have the right material yet." Izuku looked stunned by the new information Katsuki let out.

"A-and how is your father?" Katsuki jumped down into the room, ignoring the question. Izuku jumped down too, probably noticing his discomfort, and quickly adding.

"You don't have to tell me. I understand if it's personal-" "He is dead." Katsuki cut him off, getting angrier each second this man was talking. "Now shut up and for the love of God, don't touch anything."

Izuku looked like he had more to say, but stayed quiet. The lamp that lighted the room started to flicker, ready to end its long journey any second.

He cursed underneath his nose, going through things a bit faster, making an even bigger mess. "Here!" He tossed Izuku a white long fabric that he just found before going back to looking around.

"What's that for?" The fabric was hard, uncomfortable to the touch, probably made out of organic cotton. "You will see tomorrow." Katsuki mumbled, lifting a few boxes and moving them away.

The lamp flickered again in warning, and when he finally pulled out what he needed, the bulb turned out. "Fuck! Be careful not to trip over something." It didn't take long for them to find the floor door and get on the first floor again even in the dark and without tripping.

"That was fun." Izuku started but Katsuki shut him up by throwing the sleeping bag in his arms at him. "Take it. You will be in it for the next two or three days so take care of it."

Izuku smiled, saying a cheerful "thank you", about to follow him up, but Katsuki stopped the other on the first step. "Where the hell are you going?!"

The confusion in Izuku's face made him want to slap his face. "Up? I'm not sleeping down here." "I'm not letting you sleep up there either, the last thing I want is for you to murder me in my sleep."

With a frown, Izuku took another step up, not letting any room for argument. "Your friend threw a mine under my bike, I think I deserve that at least."

Oh yeah, Katsuki didn't even register that Izuku was the biker following them earlier, his heart racing just from the memory, but his eyes glared at him. "At least he didn't throw a fucking mini grenade at my fucking face!"

Izuku almost flinched at his words, his gaze coming down to the floor. "I'm sorry ok? The government is giving us stronger weapons each year to stop you. I know they are more used for killing rather than stopping, but I can't do anything about it yet."

Yet? The question appeared in his head without his permission, giving him a drop of uncertainty. Another step forward told Katsuki that Izuku isn't willing to back down, so with the hope of finally sleeping, he started walking up, not saying anything about Izuku following him.