Chapter 30 - burn in hell

Chapter 30

It was hard to get air into his abused lungs. His eyes watered at the pain when he breathed in, the sting in his chest making him unable to swallow. He had to be thoughtful of his movements, hold back on every turn as he moved his injured leg forward.

Toga was so close, he could feel her fingers glide against his white cloth to try and get ahold of him, but he was still a bit faster, for now. As he took a turn, almost running into a shorter woman, his leg gave up under him, just for a second. A second that was enough for Toga to catch up.

There was a sudden pressure on his neck. Toga tugged at the cloth wrapped around his neck, sending him flying right into her arms. He whimpered as her strong hands wrapped around his shoulders, pushing his body to the side.

It almost looked like she was giving him a sweet hug from behind, but the knife in her palm and her hungry eyes gave away her true intentions. "Shh Kacchan. We don't want these innocent people hearing us now do we?"

She giggled as he raised his shaky hands, placing them on her forearms while she tugged him behind one of the houses. They were perfectly hidden in a shadow, the guards passing by wouldn't notice them from where Toga tugged him. He would have screamed and trashed if it wasn't for the weapon in her hands suddenly too close to his face.

He took a deep breath, his hands slowly falling to his side while he waited for his fate. There was no point trying to escape in the condition he was in. "That's it. You are doing so well, Kacchan. Take a deep breath."

Toga cooed like she wasn't about to kill him. Her hand ran through his hair while the other moved up to his cheek where it gently stroked his sweaty skin. She lowered them down to the hard ground, his leg protesting at the action, but it's not like he had a choice.

She covered his eyes with her hand, pushing his head slightly back, revealing his neck a bit more. Her knife glided across his skin, leaving nothing but a red line. "Izuku really liked you, what a waste."

The knife dug deeper, forcing a painful cry out of his throat. He felt the familiar burn of pain from a cut right at the side of his neck. "Katsuki!"

The world came crashing back. He jerked awake, trying to hit Toga with his elbow only for her to push him to the ground with an annoyed grunt. Her thighs wrapped around his torso, successfully locking him up in place. His hands were pressed above his head easily even when he struggled, clasped in her strong grip.

Her expression changed from the giggly sweet-looking girl to a now angry maniac. The want of finishing him off slowly was turned into a fast kill quickly. She clenched her teeth, letting go of his hands to quickly hold the knife handle with both hands before striking with a forced smile.

"Burn in hell criminal–" One second Toga was screaming at him, and the other there was a loud sound of a gun firing. The woman stilled, dropping her knife as her eyes went wide. Katsuki watched a red liquid run down her cheek, dropping to his face before sliding down to the ground.

It was warm, the ruby color painting Toga's blond hair red. Her breath came out quieter as more of the liquid dripped down her face, her already pale skin turning white under the small beam of sun. Before he had the chance to register what happened, her body dropped on top of him.

She was motionless, the red liquid from her head forming a pull of blood around him. Katsuki's eyes widened. She was dead. He stared down at the body for way too long, ignoring the sound of someone reloading a gun while walking towards him.

"Y-you–" Izuku didn't say anything, putting the action rifle to the side before pushing Toga's body off of him. "How– how fucking could you?!" His hands started to shake, Toga's blood somehow ended up on top of them, making him feel sick.