Chapter 54 - before I go

Chapter 54

A/N see ya in two weeks after this. I'm taking a break >:-)

Izuku put a hand over his mouth to prevent him from screaming his heart out. ‘How dare he? How dare he say that?’ They wouldn’t lay a hand on him, he wouldn’t let them. Katsuki would kill him before he could even get close.

"But don't worry, you will follow him quite soon, don't you think, Katsuki?"

His nails dug into his palms, knuckles turning white from the force he was holding himself back. He was rasping out with every inhale, unable to breathe calmly anymore. His eyes stared into the deep darkness while his ears listened to every shift, every little noise Shigaraki made like a predator waiting for his prey to come closer.

There was a click, a reloading sound. Katsuki stiffened. Shigaraki fired three bullets blindly in three different directions, probably hoping for a reaction. All he did was release his position in Katsuki's view. What a fool.

Izuku let go of his mouth, slowly, his hand running down his shoulder to his forearm before stopping on top of his hands, tapping twice. Katsuki felt his finger move, creating letters that turned into words.

M O V E…

Shigaraki suddenly turned. The sound of the movement was close enough for both of them to freeze. Shigaraki was too close, right on the other side of the piece of concrete they were hiding, but he wasn't moving anymore.

"What the–"

Katsuki felt the vibrations first. The ground beneath them was rattling, the small stones and dust dancing around them while the tunnel's dead silence filled with the humming of a… It had to be a car.

The motor was quiet, if Shigaraki didn't stop talking, he wouldn't have noticed it. However, whatever was there was far, probably not good either.

Katsuki jumped when Izuku's finger proceeded to move once again, faster. It felt rushed.

S T R I K E. W A I T

Katsuki could feel the hesitation from Izuku's movement. A fight wasn't a good opinion, they were at a disadvantage after all, but either way, there wasn't much time to hesitate. Izuku knew that.

S I G N A L

‘Wait for the signal’, got it. Katsuki leaned against the concrete, clenching his jaw while their opponent moved around. A sudden but faint sound of peeping made it to his ears but stopped soon after Shigaraki spoke, his voice cocky and optimistic. "Is Kurogiri done already?"

The man must have been talking into a radio. His guess was proven right when a voice, too static for him to understand the words, started speaking. Katsuki tried to concentrate so he could catch anything, any word that might tell him about the situation outside, but it wasn't possible from where he was hiding.

His heart was racing as he proceeded to fail to understand. The conversation was fast, and ended too soon. The owner of the voice on the other side must have ended the call.

The radio fell to the floor with a cracking sound that echoed through the tunnel, settling the silence once more. Shigaraki didn't speak nor move which brought questions. What happened?

"Oi Katsuki." His name was said harshly, almost loathly. Katsuki paused at the venom from the tone of the other. "You just couldn't cooperate, could you?" He snarled as if the answer wasn't obvious.

"This is what happens when you can't listen. You people are monsters, I should have gotten rid of you sooner." He frowned, questioning Shigaraki's words. Something must have happened then, something that Shigaraki didn't wish for and was now mad because of it.