Chapter 45 - Leave!

Chapter 45

"Shit looks serious." Sero mumbled, his back straightening up as everyone else took a seat around the room. "So um… what were you guys talking about?" Katsuki spared Keigo a weird look but Sero beamed at the question.

"I'm thinking of getting a dog– Wait…" Sero paused, looking Keigo up and down repeatedly. "Haven't we met before?"

"It's kind of sad you don't remember me." Sero's face twisted in confusion before the realization hit him full speed into the face. His eyes widened, mouth closing and opening as the boy tried to find words.

"I-you– teacher?!" Katsuki snickered at the other's reaction. "Yep, I'm glad I finally got to see a good student again."

"What do you mean by that? I was a good student!"

"No, you were a troublemaker, Katsuki." Katsuki frowned, sticking out his bottom lip while glaring at Aizawa for his remark. Sero laughed, comfortingly patting him on the shoulder. "At least my years at school weren't boring."

Katsuki pushed Sero's hand away and turned back to Keigo who was chewing on his bottom lip while watching them. "You said we needed to talk. What is it then?" The mood around them seemed to shift.

Keigo retreated his gaze, even Uraraka with Izuku were looking everywhere but them. Aizawa was the only one who had his head raised, the aura coming from the man suddenly too heavy for his already tired body to handle. Katsuki's eyes narrowed in suspicion, having no patience to wait whatsoever.

"Sero, do you remember the possibility of your sudden weakness?" Sero's eyes widened in distress and even if the boy looked uneasy, Aizawa kept pushing. "You have two days at most." Sero's eyes lost the glint, falling to his lap like he knew this was gonna happen.

Katsuki appeared to be the only one who didn't get it, rising from his seat to meet Aizawa's glare head-on. His fist clenched in irritation when the man's gaze stayed unreadable, giving him no clue of what the words exactly meant. "What do you mean by that?!" "Katsuki…" He looked back at Sero who gave him a painful smile. "It's nothing really–" "Bullshit!"

"Can you handle the truth?" All the attention was shifted back to Aizawa who looked ready to just leave, clearly feeling the weight of this conversation. "Tell me what you know." Katsuki answered with his voice low but commanding. Even if Aizawa didn't show any emotion, the rest of the people in the room looked ready to fall over, that alone was giving him a few clues.

"Kurogiri was threatening you with the information that he knows about Sero, am I right?" Katsuki hesitantly nodded. "The man never intended to let Sero stay alive." Katsuki's eyebrows furrowed, his hands starting to shake from the negative emotions that were quickly overpowering his body. From the corner of his eyes, he could see Izuku shift in his seat, ready to catch him in his arms when he broke down or stop him when he burst.

"You are joking, right?" He hated how his voice wobbled, he sounded so broken, maybe it was because his throat felt tight or maybe because his lungs weren't working properly. "Katsuki, listen to me… "

He looked up, his eyes wet, and his upper lip raised in anger because Aizawa was taking too many long pauses between his statements and he couldn’t wait for long or he would be swallowed by his mind.

"Kurogiri gave Sero toxins that are slowly killing him from the inside." "We have witnesses who confirmed a drastic change of chemicals in Sero's bloodline." Uraraka added.

"No…" Katsuki whispered, turning to Sero with pleading eyes, and his friend only smiled, accepting his fate. "T-there has to be a way out, right? Please tell me you know–"