Chapter 27 - Unwanted visit

A/N Toga is back! :-D

Chapter 27

The four of them, by some miracle, managed to get inside his house without being noticed. When Katsuki walked through the door with some help and breathed in the familiar smell of home, he was more than glad to be back.

Mina was holding his waist and kept him up, going up the stairs with him while Izuku and Shoto followed. The image of those two fighting over who was gonna carry him was still replaying in his head. The way Mina picked him up and started walking away with him like he was nothing but a small purse, leaving those two speechless. It was a sight to behold.

He knew not to underestimate women. The way Mina could swing her fists or fight in close combat while wearing high heels was scary. Not to mention all the bruises he got from girls while training in Yahazaki.

With a bit of support, he managed to sit on his mat, letting out a tired sight while looking up at one particular person. "Explain." He said with a steady tone, his face neutral, not giving Izuku the satisfaction of seeing his feelings.

"I'm…" The other started. Mina sat under his window, clearly confused, but smart enough to know not to interrupt for now. Shoto crossed his arms, taking place next to Katsuki but didn't sit down, making sure to stay at eye level with Izuku and give the man a hard glare instead.

"What do you want to know?"

"Everything. About the supposedly be 'ceremony', or about the part with you being a fucking excellency."

Izuku was tense, nervous, and frustrated. For what? Katsuki simply didn't know, but he didn't care either. "I… I am getting nominated as an excellency. There will be a ceremony I need to attempt–"

"What's an excellency?" Mina jumped in, and when Katsuki didn't say anything about it, Izuku started explaining.

"Every city inside walls has an excellency, someone like a ruler or leader. We– we keep the city running while also you know, rule, make laws. It's complicated."

"So you are highly ranked among the people." Shoto confirmed, his hand coming up to his chin, rubbing it with his thumb. "You can say that, yes." Katsuki glared at the floor, feeling his chest swirl with betrayal.

"So why bother hanging out with the garbage." At that, Izuku looked like he was slapped hard in the face, but the man clenched his teeth, ignoring the way Katsuki raised an eyebrow at him.

"First of all, I thought I made it pretty clear that I don't think of you as 'garbage'. Second of all, I am with you because I like you and your company. Those are only my selfish needs, no other reasons."

"Interesting." Mina whispered behind them, eating a piece of a rice ball that Katsuki didn't know where or how she got. "If you are an excellency, then why would you still work as a hero? Shouldn't you be accomplishing more important things?" Shoto asked.

"I never wanted to be an excellency in the first place. People vote for it, but in the end, the government has the final word. I've got chosen in my second year of being a hero."

"So you didn't want to leave the job and your government agreed to it." Izuku nodded at Katsuki's words, not saying anything more. "Did you report any of our discussed information to your government?" Mina paused in the background and Shoto blinked twice before glaring at Izuku harder.

"Wha– no! I would never! Even though I didn't know about them being the ones who–who…" Izuku went silent. "Answer me this." Katsuki sighed before opening his mouth again. "How many people like your crazy neighbor are there?"