Chapter 38 - Those two

Chapter 38

The headache in the back of his head was what forced him to open his eyes. Katsuki groaned and buried his face into the softness of Izuku's bed, closing his eyes even when he knew he wouldn't fall asleep again. The sun was already up, he noted, feeling it warming his exposed skin on top of the blanket.

Wait…

Katsuki shot up, looking himself up and down. He was dressed in the green shirt he chose, but there was nothing out of the ordinary, no new scratches, bruises, or any other marks. With a sigh, he let himself fall into the pillows while rubbing his temples.

He must have fallen asleep in the tub like an idiot and Izuku had to be the one to take care of him. The pain in his head increased. Was he an idiot? How could he let himself be seen like that?! His eyes slowly looked up to the ceiling, hands falling to his sides as he curled into himself.

"Damn it." He mumbled, laying a hand on top of his chest. It hurt, the heavy feeling spread inside was making his chest feel tight. The feeling will stay there for a while, he was sure of it, but thinking about it won't make it any better, so he slowly raised himself up even when every bone in his body protested against his actions.

While he was sitting on the bed, trying desperately to wake his slow mind and get his thoughts together, he heard voices coming from the living room. He frowned at the unfamiliarity. None of them belonged to Izuku, either being too deep or belonged to a woman.

Cautiousness bubbled inside his chest, already sending adrenalin into his veins. Are they in trouble? He was sure Izuku didn't sell him off, but what if the government sent someone to check on him?

Katsuki frowned, already stressing out at the number of unanswered questions. The voices suddenly became louder, as if an argument had erupted, not a serious one, but some people did raise their voices.

He walked towards the bedroom door on shaky legs, staying out of the sight, just listening. There was a big chance he wasn't welcomed into the big discussion going on or that whoever was there shouldn't see him. It would be really bad if he walked in and met face to face with another assassin.

"Where is he anyway?" Said a woman, her voice ringing bells in his head. That was probably Uraraka. "Wouldn't it be best if we start with him too?" Another woman's voice asked, this time sounding unfamiliar.

"Indeed, I agree with my comrades. If I'm about to talk about information connected to our government, I want him here to observe his reaction." The man saying that sounded irritated, angry almost, but was maybe just trying to sound formal. Katsuki wasn't sure.

But what he was sure of was that he was the theme of the conversation, which meant it was only a matter of time before somebody came here to get him, so why not spare them the time and go there himself? The people there already knew about him, and Izuku talked about some kind of meeting, so was this it?

With a confident step forward, he let himself be known, waiting for a few moments before walking down the hallway to see whoever was in the living room. Whatever conversation was on stopped at the sound of his footsteps filling the silence he created.

Six pairs of eyes looked up at him curiously, waiting for who knows what. Katsuki started back with a raised eyebrow, hands on his hips, as he walked to the side of the kitchen, not bothering to say anything.

"Good morning Kacchan." He glared to the side where Izuku was seated, looking kind of happy by his arrival, sipping what looked like black coffee while leaning against the counter. "Good morning my ass. Why didn't you wake me up so I could get ready for this mess?"