Chapter 7: The Power of Words

A/N: Author talking

Y/N or anyone: Normies talking

Thinking

F/c: Favorite color

E/C: Eye color

P/C: Power color

H/C: Hair color

================================================================================================================================================================

(Misato's POV)

I'm in the locker room with Shinji, Y/N, and Ash as I'm about to give Shinji a piece of my mind.

Misato: Why did you disobey my orders, Shinji?

Shinji: ... 

Misato: I could look over the fact that you let two civilians into the entry plug but would you have done it if Y/N nor Ash were there to help defeat the angel?

Shinji: I'm sorry Misato

Misato: Sorry isn't going to cut it! I'm your operations supervisor, Which means you are obligated to follow my orders not Y/N's nor Ash's. Understand!?

Shinji: I... I know, I know that I'm only the pilot and your subordinate. That's all I am to you. Now my question is, did you wanted us to live together just so you could keep an eye on me?

Misato: W-What no?!

Y/N: Damn talk about an Uno reverse moment.

Shinji: I mean...that's okay, but at first I thought you actually cared about me... guess I was wrong...

Misato: Wait a minute! Shinji what are you saying!?

Shinji: Nothing...but what is the big problem anyway? We won, didn't we? So just leave it! 

Without even thinking I slapped Shinji

Misato: How dare you?! Do you even think about what your duty is?! It's...*sighs* That's it, go home and get some rest.

I then heard Shinji leave the locker room.

Ash: Hey Y/N go after Shinji to make sure he's alright and talk him down if he gets starts to do anything drastic.

Y/N: I'm on it. 

Y/N then goes after Shinji, leaving Ash and me in the room.

Misato: What Ash? 

Ash: Nothing, I just wanted to know if you are okay with your actions during that whole conversation? I mean did you really have to slap the kid?

Misato: I-I wasn't thinking it just happened... Was I that wrong for it? 

Ash: Not entirely, when dealing with a rookie or anyone new that just wants to do their own thing and not follow orders you need to lecture them about the importance of orders and how that now following some of your superior's orders could lead to the deaths of innocents or your teammates.

Misato: Wait "some" why not all?

Ash: It's not "all" because some orders can threaten one's own morals and those orders shouldn't be given to soldiers whose morals are against it, hell they shouldn't even know it, but the physical harm to a subordinate is unprofessional and can start signs of rebellion in the future or cost you, the superior their job.

Misato: Oh...

Ash: Which is why I was okay with how you started but the ending was what disappointed me. Misato, I can tell that you're trying to get to Shinji and make him feel like he has a place here, a place with you, but you got to know how to empathize with him.