Chapter 20: Digging up the past

A/N: Author talking

Y/N or anyone: Normies talking

Thinking

F/c: Favorite color

E/C: Eye color

P/C: Power color

H/C: Hair color

======================================================================================================================================================

-Kaji's POV-

I'm inside NERV HQ in one of the hallways, waiting for my contact with one of the investigator agents. They said that the Commander wanted to give me access to his sub labs from now on. With this, I'll be able to get in and out of Terminal Dogma without any trouble.

Agent: Ryuji Kaji?

Kaji: Speaking, I was wondering what was taking you.

Agent: the Commander had us handle a new assignment and it was... a different one to start. If you want more information you'll see it in the files along with your card which is in this folder.

Kaji: I'll take a look at it. *grabs folder*

Agent: Good, now with this card we advise that you try to keep this secret from the pilots of EVA-09 and EVA-10.

Kaji: And may I ask why?

Agent: You'll have to ask the commander when he returns. Now we never spoke.

I saw the Agent leave and I look at the folder. I see papers that have the details on the Human Instrumentality Project, The next pilots, their EVA units, and something called the Titan project.

Kaji: I wonder what that last one is about?

I close the folder and headed to my office.

Mission Planning Sector A

-Ritsuko's POV-

Maya and I had just walked in and to admit after calling Gendo, last night I didn't get much sleep afterward but I made my choice, I'm seeing this plan through whether it kills me. But I still want to get to know those two before they get sniffed out...

Maya: Doctor you seem troubled is something wrong?

Ritsuko: No, I just didn't get my morning coffee yet. I didn't get much sleep either.

Maya: I see, I'll go get you some black right?

Ritsuko: Yes.

Maya: I'll be right back.

I see Maya leave and I'm left only with my thoughts.

Ritsuko: If I'm wrong...can I still salvage my relationships? Or have I already burned that bridge? I can't believe what I'm about to say... what would my mother do?

Misato: Hey Ritzy!

Ritsuko:  Morning.

Misato: So how's your new Roomie?

Ritsuko: Ash-kun makes a good roommate I'm glad I can leave him with Robin just fine.

Misato: How is the little demon anyway?

Ritsuko: Oh hush you're only saying that because she scratched you.

Misato: No that little beast hates me!

Ritsuko: You shouldn't have held her wrong and Robin doesn't hate anyone. I'm sure Pen-pen has his faults.

Misato: Yeah but at least he doesn't hurt anyone.