𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖊𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
THE BEGINNING OF THE END ( i. )

The playful clanking of metal ricochets through the crisp morning air

The playful clanking of metal ricochets through the crisp morning air. A swift dodge followed by a blocked jab saves Arthur from his merciless attacker. He jumps back to avoid another dangerous blow, sweat dripping from his forehead.

Calliope has the upper hand. A smug grin lines her lips as she kicks him in the side. Arthur gives her an annoyed stare as he swings at her head. She feels the wind from his blade on her cheek as she maneuvers around him and kicks his back, causing him to stumble forward and almost fall on his face, but the Prince catches himself.

Pointing the blade at his face when he turns to her, the clever blonde's eyes glint with a challenge that only drives Arthur's competitive nature even further. He's determined to disarm her, but Calliope isn't going to let that happen.

Going on offense, Arthur uses his strength to his advantage as he swings harder and faster. Calliope blocks each attempt, having to move her arm continuously in all directions to avoid getting cut by his swift blade. If anyone was watching this fight, they would have a hard time keeping up as the two extremely skilled swordsmen push one another to keep their skills fresh.

Calliope notices Arthur shift his weight out of exhaustion, and she uses this to her advantage as she kicks in his right knee, hitting his armored chest with the blunt end of her sword. The Prince falls back to the grass, and Calliope stands over him victoriously.

"Nice try, asshole."

She offers him a friendly hand, but before Calliope even realizes what's happening, Arthur yanks her to the ground, grabbing her sword and hovering it over her neck. She gasps as she stares up at him.

"Looks like I win this time, sweetheart." Rolling her eyes, Calliope winces as she cradles her wrist. "Are you okay?"

"I don't know," she looks from Arthur to her wrist with concern. "I think it might be broken."

Arthur leans down as he drops her sword...Right where she wants him, "Let me see."

As Calliope offers him her "broken" wrist, she sweeps his legs out from underneath him, yanking her hidden dagger out of her boot and pressing the sharp blade against the side of his neck as she hovers over him.

Arthur shakes his head, "You little liar."

"You're too easy, Pendragon," she replies, motioning to her wrist. "Besides, you should know better than to try to fight dirty against me."

"Why's that?"

A flirtatious glint sparks in her eyes as she leans closer to his ear, "Because I can always think of something dirtier."

The look on the Prince's face as she stands up is priceless. She can see his cheeks slightly turning red as he blinks in shock several times. Calliope laughs at him as he sits up and throws a clump of dirt in her direction with annoyance.