𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞-𝖔𝖓𝖊

CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE
BLOOD OATH ( iii. )

THE CONCLUSION

THE CONCLUSION

Arthur still cradles Calliope's head in his hands

Everything else around him fades into nothingness as her blood stains the marble alter. How could he have let his happen? Her eyes are shut, her chest still. His hands shake as tears fall from his eyes. It feels as if someone has punched a hole right through his aching heart. It's a burning, overwhelming pain of grief and regret and lost love. The reality of her being the Red Dragon doesn't even matter to him in this moment. He just wants her back. He'll do anything to have her back.

But, in the midst of his grief as he still tries to process her death, the gem in the middle of the dagger begins glowing a horrible black color; darker than any black he has ever imagined.

The gems on the alter start glowing as well. Three out of the four have this evil, black presence. But the fourth gem...is a faint white with tendrils of grey circling within it.

Arthur turns to Merlin, his vision blurry with tears, "What's happening?"

"I-I don't know," then, Merlin eyes widen. "Arthur."

The prince turns his head, and his blood goes cold. The two assassins have woken up, and they stand in the way of a safe exit. Arthur grabs his sword and faces them,

For Calliope, he thinks before lunging himself into battle.

♛ ♛ ♛

Berbay odothay arisan yeldo.

Merlin's voice echoes in Calliope's head. The spell reverberates through her, coaxing her towards its origin, and when her eyes finally snap open, she is surrounded by a hall of darkness.

Calliope sits up, her hand going to her chest where she had stabbed herself. Nothing. Snow crunches underneath her as she shifts, wondering what lies with her in this vast, cold void. Is this what death is?

Forcing herself to stand, she looks around in every direction, but all she can see is a snowy darkness. There has to be a way to figure out where she is. Maybe in a plane between life and death itself. She has never put much belief in a life after death, but here in this hollow place, she hopes there is more waiting for her than just this frozen expanse of ice and trickling snow kissing her skin.