Chapter 37 - Missy's Business

Missy's POV*

"Ate, help me na nga kasi!" I said for the nth time. I am trying to convince my sister to start a business with me.

"Missy, it's 6 am! Don't you think your ideas can wait until this afternoon?" She replied covering her entire body with her blanket.

"Ate, my ideas are usually better in the morning. Just please do it with me right now!"

"Ang kulit! Okay, fine. Get your notebook and pen. We'll plan today."

"So ate. I had this idea of opening up a jewelry business. But since I can't make jewelries myself, I decided to create clay accesories so that it's more handmade," I suggested showing her photos from Pinterest that I have pinned since 3 in the morning.

"That's good. But do you know how to make clay jewelry already?" she asked.

"Not yet but I have ordered the materials already. I want to start practicing it na," I answered.

"Okay here's what we can do. You and I can be models of your business. Reagan can be the photographer but we have to pay him, okay?" she said.

"Of course, ate. I respect it."

"Okay, I'll tell it later na. Pero for now please shut the fuck up already. I wanna go back to my bed," she said resting her head on the wall.

"Okay, next one is I want to launch it as soon as possible but I do not know when. I just want it to happen right away," I said tapping my pencil on her desk.

"Edi keep practicing until you come up with something worth selling," she replied still scrolling through my pinterest.

"Yep, good idea. Pero ate what if I fail?" I asked.

"Failure will only lead you to nothing but lessons. Kaya go for it. If it fails, gather all your mistakes and make sure to not do it again," she replied.

"Okay, ate. Good mornight. Tulog ka na uli," I said before running out.

"Idiot!" I heard her shout before closing her door.

I still couldn't sleep so I decided to get more ideas online. It really is difficult to be an artist but I know that I will be able to overcome this.

"What name should I call it?" I asked myself.

"Well, I do love the sound of the color 'Lilac' but it just doesn't feel right. How about 'Lila'? Okay great but it still feels kulang. Ano pa kaya pwedeng idagdag?"

I scrolled through tiktok to calm my mind and get more ideas from Business Tiktok. I came across this video where she creates vintage style letters and ship it to people who orders them. And with that, I came up with the name 'Love, Lila'. It is not my name nor anyone from my family but it is a good name for my business.

Gagawa na rin ako ng vintage style letters and stamp my business name on every 'thank you' card I write.

A few minutes later, I finally felt sleepy.

-

I woke up to the sound from my sister's room. What is she doing?

"Ateeeee! Your music is too loud!" I said opening her door.

"Well, you woke me up kanina nang sobrang aga. I guess we're fair."

"Ugh I hate you," I replied. I was about to close the door when she continued, "Hep hep hep, stop. Update me about your business."

"Okay," I said going back in to sit on her bed.

"I came across this Tiktok video where she creates vintage style letters and ships it to her customers. I thought maybe I can do it too along with the jewelry," I replied showing her the logos that I tried to layout before I slept.

"Nice idea. Pero ano'ng name ng business mo?"

"Love, Lila."

"Huh? Who's Lila?" She asked.

"I always loved hearing the word 'lilac' but it just didn't sound right for a business. Kaya I decided to change it nalang to 'lila' so it's shorter and sounds sweeter," I answered.

"Mamaya Reagan will visit kaya mas okay na tayo magsasabi sa kanya ng balak mo. I am sure he will be down to it," ate said.

"Okay. Kakain muna ako," I said before leaving her room.

"Gising ka na pala. Kumain ka na, I made adobo flakes from last night's adobo. I know it's your favourite," mom said when she saw me walking towards the kitchen.

"Mom, I have something to tell you," I said as I was preparing to eat breakfast.

"What is it?" she asked.

"Ate helped me plan for this business. Gusto ko po kasi magkaro'n ng hobby so I decided to purchase these for my clay jewellery business. What do you think po?"

"That's nice. Pero please anak make sure to stick with it this time. You always plan businesses pero you never continue with them. Kaya go ahead and practice making those. I will always be here to help you," she replied.

"Yes, ma. Ate and kuya Reagan will help me with it din po. Ate and I will be modeling for it while kuya Reagan will take photos for us po."

"Oh sige. I'm glad you're planning these things na. Keep it up para matutunan mo rin kung paano kami nagpapatakbo ng negosyo ng dad mo."

"I idolize you two so much. How were you able to do it all?" I asked.

"We just believed in ourselves. We took every criticism as our way of learning. We never used it against ourselves kasi at the end kami rin ang kawawa. So kahit ano'ng mangyari anak, be sure to learn from your mistakes. As you go on, lalago at lalago 'yan," mom replied.

"Was there a time when you and papa failed big time?" I asked.

"Of course, anak. May time na nagkamali kami ng gawa sa produkto namin so a lot of people reached out to us. We had to replace everything kaya halos naubos na rin ang naipon namin. Pero just to let you know, ayun ang tumulong sa'min na mas maging strict sa pag-check ng quality ng equipments and products natin," she replied.

As I was eating, I kept on thinking about how I would do it. Nakakatakot but I am willing to go through it para sa future hindi lang ako aasa sa maiiwan ng mga magulang ko. I want to be secured and sure that I will not waste this opportunity.

——

Hello, readers! I'm sorry if it took me so long to update again. I was busy with school & business and even had to stop fangirling for awhile. Anyway, I thought of introducing my soon to open business! I already have an account on Instagram so you can see what Missy is practicing hehe. Thank you guys for reading! I love you all.

xx

Business: @/lovelila.ph