Chapter 40

"Be strong, bro," Greg said tapping my back.

"How can I be strong if the only source of my strength is in deathbed?"

"She's going to fight for you. Be strong and have faith. I know everything will be better."

"Thanks for always being there, Greg. I wouldn't be able to wake up every morning knowing that there's someone who is devastated enough to see both his friends in miserable state. I guess it's safe to say that you're a source of my strength too."

It has been 2 weeks since Molly was brought to the hospital. It has not been easy. She woke up thrice last week but she was too weak to speak. She couldn't tell what she was feeling but it was evident in her eyes that she was in so much pain.

Her arms were bruised due to the amount of needles that was poked in her skin. She had so much medicine, she was tube-fed, and had lost so much weight. In one week she was barely recognizable. Gano'n siya kabilis naapektuhan ng sakit niya.

According to the doctors, her illness was not just from the heart. It had a possibility na meron pa siyang ibang sakit. More needles were needed, her blood was tested for so many times, and her body was starting to lose its strength.

I couldn't understand how severe her illness was. Hindi ko lubos maisip na all of a sudden gano'n ang nangyayari sa kanya. Three weeks ago she was happy, healthy, and energetic. Pero ngayon, hindi ko na makausap. Hindi ko na makapiling.

"Brother, the food is ready."

"Thanks, Greg. You didn't have to do this."

"Reagan, you are like a brother to me. Don't worry I will always be here for you."

After ko kumain, I stood up and sat beside Molly. I would always talk to her as much as I could and I will never get tired of doing it.

"You look pretty. I hope you can hear me. Ilang stories na ang kinekwento ko sa'yo but you're not responding. Medyo masakit na ha. Pero kiddings aside, I miss you so much."

Her face is as beautiful as ever. No matter how much medicine had been in her system, it didn't seem like she was sick. She just lost weight and had so much bruises on her arms, but everything else is just perfect as ever.

"I thought I already experienced the worst heartbreak ever. Pero wala, it really is your goal to be extra in everything 'no?" I chuckle at the thought. I remember how extra she was. Her outfits, food, her life in general. Kung p'wede ko lang ibalik I would've looked for her sa Pilipinas man o sa Italy. I would have used all my time to search for the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. I would have started my journey instead of being miserable when my ex did what she did.

I miss you, Molly.

"Reagan, Molly's cousins will be here in a minute. I'll introduce you to them."

"Okay po, tita. I'll just prepare their food."

Minutes later, they have arrived. "Condolences, tita. Condolences, Reagan."

The word still gives me pain every time I hear it. Hindi ko lubos maisip na wala na si Molly. Her fight was so short. She didn't even have the chance to properly say goodbye.

We were not able to know what happened to her. Her death certificate only indicated heart disease. We wanted answers but her parents and I decided to not make it harder for Molly. We didn't want an autopsy anymore.

Missy still doesn't eat after she found out what happened to her sister. Nasa isang sulok lang, not knowing exactly what to do. She doesn't eat, talk, or even sleep. Their parents were having a hard time accepting their first born's death, and how miserable their second is.