Chapter 11

CHAPTER ELEVEN

Uriel’s eye brows shot up, her reply wasn’t one he could have phantom in the thousands of eons, he also heard the challenge in her voice, as if daring him to make her feel otherwise, and it stirred something inside him. He chuckled, his long lashes lowering as he took a sip of his drink.

She licked her lips wishing she was the glass and was the one being tasted. How was she going to function working with him, when everything he did was so sensual, even if it was not on purpose, but that didn’t fool her. Angels could go from your cuddle buddy to a killing machine, but that didn’t stop the naughty thought she was having for this sexy as sin archangel in her home.

“Do you find it amusing?”

“Quit yes. You find a mere dominion scary and not me. I might not be a dominion with a large territory on earth which I control but I can assure you I am stronger than I look.”

“Fear doesn’t come from Strength, Uriel.” Bonnie said.

“Indeed, yet your kind and most angels believe it to be so.”  Uriel offered.

He had a point, the ruling angels and the governments of the world had the same trend of thoughts.” “You are right, and I do know you are not only strong but powerful, the dominions wouldn’t have summoned you. . .”

“No one summons and archangels except the lord God.”

“You’re one of those religious angels, aren’t you?” She smirked. Angels could be many things just like humans were, she had come in contact with a lot of angels in her time working for the order of the wardens. She had met the angelic priests who were far removed from the world and would be what most humans called saints, and then they were others that were involved in all form of depravities.

“And you find that fact laughable?” Uriel asked.

“Ironic if you ask me, I mean it’s not as the bible say, and sometimes knowing what I do, I am left to wander if you guys are really from a perfect place. You know, heaven.” Bonnie replied.

“We angels can say the same for humans. They have been given everything yet they do not realize it.” Uriel said.

“We mostly choose to live.” Bonnie answered, exasperated that this attractive being was speaking like one of those inspirational speakers that made life seem like humans had the handle on it, as if they could speak and the waters of the ocean would just part for them, she knew better, life to her was more than unicorns and rainbows.

Uriel smiled and she realized what he had done, he had made her answer her own questions. “You have a point, but the monks and holy men will feel different about your argument, just as I would and so will a good number of my kin; who have departed from heaven, all sharing the same point to argue.”

“Well… it is just that most angels I have come in contact with do not really proof the biblical qualities, you know, purity and all, and how exactly are you guys able to make the humans unable to see you people for what you are.”

“They do not believe and so we use that to keep ourselves a secret, should something happen large enough for the whole world to see us then the scale shall fall from their eyes.”

“I see.” Bonnie said. She had always known part of what made the warden’s able to see the angels for what they were was because of their knowledge that the existed, hearing it from Uriel’s mouth was just a confirmation to her theories.

***
Father Joseph stirred in his sleep; sweat trickled down his chest and back, his breathing frantic. Death, so mush death with bodies hanging from tall buildings, lying in odd angles on the ground as the archangel who had given him the gift of immortality burned with sizzling flame. His celestial spear and hands covered in blood.
It was the purest of rage. He had never seen him so angry. But he had never seen so much death as well. 

He launched for someone in the air with speed that spoke of his arch angelic station. The fall out was momentous. Bright light erupted from the epic center where he had clashed with someone or something else; Joseph couldn’t really make out what it was.
Then, the light was over, he could see a figure falling, he couldn’t make out who it was but those wings caught his eyes, or what was left of it. With that he woke with the name of the angel; the apprehension he was dreaming on his lips.

“Uriel!”