Chapter 17

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
Uriel stood staring out into the open ocean, inhaling the scent of the sea as the waved rumbled and crashed in front of him. He couldn’t sleep, not that he really needed the rest. He had too much on his mind which had gotten him restless, he had soared across the city which had been a diseased dying place at one point, but was now a striving city, the perfect blend of supernatural and human although not by nature, but by the iron reign of the fountain.
As he winged his way higher, letting the dark night envelop him, it wasn’t the sight of the city sprawled in glory and wonders that held his mind captive but the dream which the good father had shared with him upon his return from Asia that afternoon.
Uriel knew father Joseph wasn’t one to be fazed by a mere dream or vision. A vision of him falling. Could it be a prophecy? A prophecy of he’s own death? Because unlike the immortals they were called, angels could die. Had his time really come? Did it have anything to do with Zoael? Had he really become so strong for him to defeat even an archangel? Would heaven step in now?
Why then had Joseph seen the other five dominions instead of Zoael standing on the opposite side?
All this thought swelled in his mind and troubled his old heart, he so badly demanded answers to all this questions but none was coming forward. He took to the skies once again, this time flying low the tree line that paved the road leading in and out of the city.
The hair on the back of his neck stood on end as he felt a familiar presence entering the city. It was Bonnie, the warden. She was here in Greel city.
His city. At this time of the night, why? The question joined with the others already swimming in his head, at least he could get an answer about why she was here. Why hadn’t she called his number?
So many questions.
He thought of just coming to land in front of her, but remembered she was mortal, and that could startle her to act in a manner that could be dangerous. He hovered about her sport car and initiated his power of mind control.
“I see you have come to pay me a visit” Uriel said into Bonnie’s mind in loud enough for her to hear, but without the terror that should had follow giving his stations as a being of so much power.
It made it sound like it was just her own thought in her head, he was also careful not to search her mind or have her thought projected into his mind, something that he could just easily do as a human taking in a breath.
“Archangel, is that you?” Bonnie’s thought in his mind, which just happen to sound like the soft caress of a clear morning sun. Which was her voice.
“Yes. I hope you aren’t offended by the intrusion?” Uriel asked, maintaining the moving pace with the sports car which was now at the edge of entering the city.
“Where are you?”
“Can’t say because you will want to look and I need your focus on the road, don’t want you crashing.”
She scuffed “You know for an immortal you awfully care about a mortal’s life.”
Uriel smiled and projected it to her mind. “Follow the star, it will lead you to my home.” Uriel said, and shifted one of the few stars that adorned the night so that it was obvious to her, to navigate her safely.
“Show off.” Bonnie said moments later trying to sound as unaffected as she could be, but Uriel could hear the awe in her voice. Only his warden would say something like that, when most would have only coward at his display of power. Which was impossible for both mortals, and most immortals.