Chapter 33

CHAPTER THIRTY-Three
Bonnie waited for an opening before launching herself in the air towards Jopel. Her sword in hand. A kick to her mid-section got her spiraling in the air. Three of her soldiers stop him from going after her with fire balls which she noted was growing weaker. Judea intercepted her fall before she reached the ground.
“There is no end to them.” Judea said just as half a dozen angels smite the dominion but he waved it like nothing. “We do not stand a chance against him.” Zoael said, his energy also depleted when he’d taken Suriel down.
Jopel laughter rumbled the air and buildings still left standing from the carnage of destruction. “You can’t stop me.” he called out just as an angel attacked with what should have been a fatal blow but instead Jopel took his head right off, adding him to the growing piles of dead angels that have arrived as reinforcements.
“I am unstoppable, even the heaven have sent no one because the fear me!” He exclaimed.
“Why are the angels from heaven not coming?” Bonnie asked, surely heaven’s hosts would have seen the carnage so far. Weren’t they supposed to be the protectors of this world?
“Well I never expected them to come.” Judea replied, before she could ask why he sounded so sure, a bright light shone from above, casting it blinding light on everyone. Slowly, it dimmed to reveal a single feather on top of Uriel’s forehead, the residue of the light seems to slip into him from the feather.
The sight of his lifeless body wasn’t something she could stomach. Just when she was about to turn from the slight of her dead beloved, she felt it, the sharp pump. Life!
The feather seemed to melt into his fore head. The bright glow traveled from the spot where the feather had perched, and seemingly dissolve into every cut and wound. The last thing Bonnie saw was Uriel, bursting upward, before the light once again became too bright for her eyes to manage; even Jopel had to cover his own eyes.
What was going on? Bonnie asked.
She couldn’t understand what was going on, she could barely see what was happening with so much light. Not with so much energy wrapping around him like a cloak of power. She could feel that Power. Immense and deep, power, the likes she had never felt before.
Slowly the light dimmed to a more bearable level, and she could make out a fully patched up, glowing Uriel, covered in a bright armor, a little upgrade from the one she had seen on him at her apartment, when he had taken on the intruders. He was alive. His hair simmered gold, and so did the tip of his wings, more like the strands of long blond hair, which were like outlets of the energy he carried within.
His eyes, hands and wings were also glowing and it was not just a pair but three pair. Six wings. Power crackled around him. Something was different, something was wrong.
“Jopel.” Uriel called, his voice like a lion’s roar, instead of the deep clear voice she had come to associate with her Uriel, unless . . . it wasn’t him. Judea’s next word consummated her fears.
“Casstiel.” The angel said in a voice mixed with surprise and question.
“What did you say Judea?” Bonnie asked eyeing the angel who, like her, was battered having bared the brunt of Jopel’s attack as well.
“That voice . . .  belongs to an ancient archangel, the weaver of the destiny of mortals, Castiel, one of the four ancient seraphim. He is using Uriel’s body. I’m sure he is the one.”
“How is that possible?” Bonnie asked, her happiness at her lover return dampened by this revelation. It wasn’t her Uriel.
“Your mate is alive. I just need to borrow his vessel for a bit.” The voice spoke into her mind and she inwardly cringed. This archangel was too powerful and too old, something about his voice, made her miss Uriel’s smooth, deep voice, even more. Uriel’s voice made her want to listen to him all night and day, but this celestial that held his body, made her want to shut her mind and hope he never spoke to her again.
He hovered with grace only someone of his standard could. Then spoke, “Jopel on behalf of the father and the all the host of heaven I hereby pass judgment on you. You have caused the lives of his creations and have shown so much ugliness to this world. I hereby bind you in the name of the father,” Chain appeared in the air and bonded Jopel’s arms, which tried to break the restrain but couldn’t.
“I strip you of your power in the name of the son.” The glow immediately faded from around Jopel. “And I cast you to the pits in the name of the Holy Ghost.” Jopel began to wail in anguish as his body began to dissipate.
Casstiel returned Uriel to the ground when nothing remained of the dominion. And just like that the glow and the wings faded away to reveal the Uriel that was known to all.
It was all over. The stood in the mist of total destruction to Mount Shell and the surrounding buildings, covered with pockets of fire, ash and blood. The air still held some residue of angelic power which Judea had explained would likely cause a kind of radioactive effect on the populist; the reason Uriel had erected the barrier in the first place.
“Bonnie.” Uriel called out and her legs nearly gave out at that tender voice she knew was his alone. He was back, and they would begin another chapter of their life together. One without the mad dominions.