Chapter 30-31

CHAPTER THIRTY
“Take down the wall!” Bonnie commanded the some fifty Valkyrian warriors who floated midair with her mind, in a voice she could barely recognize as her own.
She had thought she controlled the full power of her Valkyrie but was beginning to realized that she, just like the others were been held back by the seal from the real powers the held within, and could only exhibit part of it. Part of which was because she was queen, the other, as she now learnt, although could be speculated about was because she was a daughter of an angel whose race was suspected to be more powerful than her archangel’s.
However nothing prepared her for the fire that busted out of the new winged mortals mouths. Fire ball after fire ball were spat at the barrier as their numbers seemed to increase by the minute. The kept it up for so long she lost count, the first group lowered to recharge while others took their place.
A moment later, just when she had joined the attack with her own blue flames the wall began to crumble.
Bonnie should have felt relief but something was slipping out of her. She could feel it. It felt like the loss of a life. “Uriel” she gasps as realization hit her, Uriel was dying.
CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE
Uriel laid on the ground Immobilize. He’d used all of his powers at his archangelic disposal; angel, archangel and heavenly fire. All were drained out of him? at this rate he would need a day or more to get back to full strength, right now the was nothing left in him except the realization that he couldn’t stop the Dominions. He’d expected this a while ago but for some reason Bonnie’s screams had given him a couple more minutes and one burst of energy which he’d used to strike, Aquiel’s and Theliel’s body flying in different direction.
A few feet away from where Uriel now laid was the dominions lifeless forms. No one had expected it. No one had, including the deliverer of the dead blow. He tried willing his body to get up but not even his fighting spirit was enough.
He had been able to kill Theliel and Aquiel, grounded Suriel by tearing of his right wing, however Jopel was still airborne. At least he had given the human race a chance. Judea would lead the angels now and would stand a chance. There would be a lot of death and blood given the station of the mad angels but in the end . . .
“Attack!” he heard the command, after a panic filled voice called his name. He tried opening his eyes but couldn’t. Tried to move but couldn’t. He felt someone crouch next to him and pick up his body, felt wings enveloping him in a protective gesture, felt the new yet familiar scent he had come to associate with his warden, his home.
He could hear voices calling him, beckoning him not to die, he couldn’t respond. Finally he manage to open his now heavy mouth but what came out at first were not the words of comfort he wanted to say to his warden, but a trickle of blood.
“What’s going on?”
“The Valkyrian army is here. Judea has brought in a battalion of angels too. The Empuria’s are on their way. I’m here. You’re not alone anymore. Please Uriel, don’t leave me.” Her tears touched his skin and his heart fractured and broke, into a thousand pieces. First for making her cry, and then for the fact that he wasn’t coming back, he wasn’t just weak, he was dying, even in her arms she could feel her mounting pressure on his side where Suriel’s blade had gone through when he had taken his wing.
“I’m sorry Bonnie. For coming into your life . . .”
“No baby. I’m sorry I didn’t recognize you at the alley. I ran away in fear. I’m sorry I stopped you from asking the questions . . .   God  . . . please don’t die. Uriel, please.” Bonnie sobbed.
Uriel he heard his name been called over and over again, with each one holding more panic than the previous one, seeming further and further away.
***
“I never thought it would take so long, Archangel.” a voice said, and Uriel opened his eyes with effortlessness and noticed he was no longer on the battle field, neither was he lying down. He checked himself where Suriel’s blade had gone in, but didn’t see any wound, he was fine, and in his armor which had no dent or signature from his battles.
Was he dead? He turned to the direction of the voice and immediately his heart dropped. In front of him was an angel that was so old and never seen, he was thought to be a mystery by even angel kin; by the deity, ancient, old and new. He was said to be among the few first ancient along with Michael, Gabriel, and Methatron, he was the angel of dead, who was dead personified, a virtue by angelic rang whose legion of angels ferried souls and battle the kingdom of hell for the souls of the good, the try to take. It was as saying in angelic teaching that the angel commanded ten thousand angels. He was the angel Ashroon, the first ancient ever made.
“Young one.” The angel said floating to stand next to Uriel.