Chapter 15

CHAPTER FIFTEEN
Anna Bezxavc eyed the cuffs, and then Bonnie with a glint of what Bonnie suspected to be a memory of what she had done with cuffs of her own, in a tangle of limbs, silk sheet beneath, air thick with musk and cries of ecstasy.
“Hmm, kinky.” Anna Bezxavc said.
Bonnie just scowled and imagined having someone male in Anna Bezxavc place. Someone more powerful, Someone like Uriel… focus, she tells herself.
She bonded one of Anna Bezxavc’s legs to the table and used the other cuff for both her arms.
“Oh I didn’t even ask.” Bonnie said in the most innocent yet cocky tone she had. “Hope you will not be needing them for a spell or whatever you empuria’s do.”
“We are not witches, we do not cast spells.”
“Yeah, more like vampires who feed on the live force of the living.”
“Whatever. I can work like this.” Anna Bezxavc said waving her bonded arms. Hope I will be able to snap this cuffs should it come to that. To be able to protect us, of course. I might have been able to cloak myself from Mount Shell’s patrol guards, but you can never be truly certain with these things.”
“Yes that will be possible.” Bonnie said, leaving the fact that it would more than sting, should she even have any notion of hurting her. “So what now?”
“I will need you to drag a chair and seat directly in front of me. So that my hands can touch you and I can do my magic, as you put it.”
Bonnie did as she was told, and took a seat, now facing the Empuria who propped her left free leg on the left over space on the chair. She bit her fingertip drawing blood and appealed it to Bonnie forehead. She spoke as she did this and for a moment Bonnie hoped she had not made a mistake trusting this stranger.
“I don’t suppose we could go out for dinner sometimes, do you?” Anna Bezxavc asked.
The question took Bonnie aback for a moment, stopping her train of thought about how this was a bad idea. The question made her consider her earlier assessment of the woman’s sexuality. The Empuria had been checking her out after all.
“I’m not into women.” Bonnie replied.
“Well, so am I.” Anna Bezxavc said with a wink.
“What? Then why did you ask…”
“Because of this...” Anna Bezxavc said, and Bonnie felt the air whoosh out of her lungs, it felt as if she had been sleeping, and had just woken up to find herself descending a roller coaster she had no idea she was on.
She opened her eyes and she found out she was no longer in her dining room, and she suspected she wasn’t even in the house, at least her consciousness wasn’t. Darkness enveloped every inch of space around her. She tried to relax but was finding it hard to do that. She was unarmed and that was the worst part.
“Hello.” a voice called from behind her, she turned to see a pale looking woman. The woman had a beauty about her which was masked by the dimness of her skin.
She took a step back to assess the woman for any threat. Nothing that she could see, nevertheless she was cautious; as curious as she could be, having an empuria manipulating her mind. “Who are you?” Bonnie asked her companion who seem to just be staring at her with a blank expression on her face.
“I am Ellie Mist, Mistress of Mount Cloud, the one Anna Bezxavc told you about. We don’t have much time; I can’t hold this barrier up for long. The dominions are planning something, something that will change the world of both the mortals and the Immortals as we know it.
“Why do you say that?” Bonnie asked, wanting more than just the theory and conspiracy without facts to defend it.
“They kidnap Zoael, and they have him held up somewhere. They knew he would never accept any changes that would harm the humans and I suspect that is why they have him in captivity.” Ellie said.
“What do you mean they have a dominion in captivity?’ Bonnie asked.
“Yes Zoael might be a very old and powerful angel, but so are the other four and it seemed they had it planned for a while. I and Zoael share a link. I feel what he feels and we are able to telepathically communicate from a distance. Although where they have him is affecting our communication, I know he is still alive and is bound due to the sensation on my wrist, and they are doing something to him that is draining him of his angelic energy. I also suspect it has something to do with the archangel being summoned to earth.”
”You think Uriel has something to do with this?” Bonnie didn’t see Uriel to be someone who would hurt a human, let alone one of his kin. This woman would be wrong if she said yes.
“No. He was told that Zoael was the hunt and that is why he was summoned. They lied that he’d gone over to the darkness and is feeding on the live force of humans and that is making him more powerful.”
“Is that possible, I thought only Empurias feed on essence?” Bonnie asked. It sounded strange, but then again the empurias were creature created by angelic essence and fed on live force to remain alive. The thought of the angels doing the same sounded outlandish but not that impossible when analyzed logically. 
“Mortals are not supposed to know about this but apparently the angels have slipped in the past in the quest for more power, and in the case of the dominion they believe, or conspire to say that Uriel might be the only one to stop him.”
Bonnie couldn’t begin to comprehend something that would be strong enough to take down an archangel.
“They fear him.” Ellie said.
“Who, the archangel?” Bonnie asked.
“Yes, and i believe whatever they are planning they will have to kill him first to get him out of their way.”
Anger; pure and searing, raged inside of her with the thought of someone hurting the celestial that was only here to help.
“Cowards” her Valkyrie roared.
“You said it yourself, they fear him.” Bonnie said managing to get a hold on her rage, for now she needed as much information as she could get that could help her archangel.
“Yes and that makes them even dangerous because they would have thought of a way to take him down and that means they have found a way to become even more powerful. I don’t know how they are going to do it, but you need to warn the archangel. Something tells me he might just be humanities last hope, and I mean for both the mortal and immortals alike.”
It was all making sense now; why she was told to wait, the secrecy and if this woman was right, Jopel and the other dominions must have planned a diversion to lead the wardens and even the archangel astray, probably to the jaws of danger.
To what end?
Fear crept up her spine, as the realization and understanding of the situation sank home. It wasn’t just one but all five dominions, which meant a few thousands of angels and tens of thousands of empurias. This was really bad.
“I have a plan, but you will need to get to the archangel before day break, he is in Greel city at the moment, take Anna with you. She is the only one who you can trust right now. She should be able to cloak your movement. Once you are with him. Anna will signal me, and I will try communicating with my mate again to get his location with Uriel’s help. It has to be before dawn as I fear the dominions will start torturing Zoael again and I would be of much help to you then.”
With that the woman disappeared before Bonnie could react, she felt herself being hauled upward by some kind of unseen force.