6

Mystery POV:

"Jongho!" Seonghwa calls.

The maknae lazily waddles to the kitchen. "Is the coffee ready?" he asks sleepily. Before Seonghwa can deny, Jongho notices that trash bag is ready resting against the island. Seonghwa apologetically smiles and shrugs.

"But I just woke up!"

"And you're the only one awake apart from me."

He huffs and takes the bag going in to all the rooms to collect more. Poor boy had to collect all the trash first thing in the morning! Didn't know waking up early like this had this kinda disadvantage.

When he goes outside to throw it in the container but the road he sees Soojin coming out of her house carrying all her waste bags as well. She just so slowly drags herself towards the road like a wasted dysfunctional human, rather a zombie, hair dishevelled, eyes on the ground absent-minded. Jongho is sure she looks worse than the last time he saw her.

"Oh! Noona, Annyeong!" the boy says regardless, hoping he could transfer some of his energy.

"Mmm mm.." she lazily goes. "Annyeong." And then when the realization hits her, she looks up quickly. "Oh, I'm so sorry, I didn't— Awwwww!" she squeals. I knew she would.

Jongho has fluffy bed her sticking in places, puffy, adorable, apple cheeks and he stands in a dull, relaxed manner, shoulders slumped grumpily; he looks like a teddy bear. It's hard not to coo.

"You look SO CUTE!" her voice goes higher. The boy chuckles, trying to hide his embarrassment from the burning, sensitizing cheeks.

"I thought you were sick. You didn't look so well walking over here," he remarks. Yeah, like a zombie! But she's better now, somehow seeing the boy has made her look better. Better in the mind, better in the body, I guess. The puffiness under her eyes is still visible though.

"I was sick yesterday, couldn't sleep well too. I'm fine now. But tell me, are all of you guys fine though? Nobody's sick, right?"

"No. Why do you ask?"

"Oh, you know, I had diarrhoea the whole day yesterday. I was wondering if it was the food from the previous night. And you guys had the same thing, so I was worried. That'd make me a terrible host." Was it really necessary to specifically mention it was diarrhoea, though? Really, Soojin?

"Ohh.."

"It didn't sound very reassuring, did it? Don't worry, it's probably not because of my cooking. Sometimes even fresh ingredients betray. It's the biggest risk of running a restaurant."

Jongho nods.

"Okay, carry on with your morning. See you!" Soojin bids farewell.

So you can already guess, it didn't happen that dinner night. She didn't tell them why they were called. And I called it, see, I was right. The way it was all going already seemed like a failing plan, but her untimely periods was it that brought a stop to it all.

Hongjoong came back with pads as promised, she changed and went back to the patio to find everyone drunk. The plan was called off right then. And then she joined them and got drunk as well. And made more of a fool out of herself.

Hongjoong stayed a gentleman and didn't tell the others later what happened( come on, they could already guess it was some favour he did for her, no one was curious exactly what though). Except, he told Seonghwa, he was his roommate and the oldest already kinda knew.

.

.

.

Soojin's returning back the from the farm she had to renew a business deal with. It was a stressful job, she was told that she knew the party already but she couldn't remember anything about them when she reached there. It was awkward and scary. And the fact that the owner was a stern dumbass didn't help. Like I'm not a human, dude, but I know having a diplomatic, nice and respectful business relation helps. F**k your farm!