Part 9- comming out

All of her children where accepting of the LGBTQ+ community. Bailey is gay and came out when he was fifteen. The whole family accepted him. However Meredith didn't know how they would react if their own mother told them she was seeing another woman.

"I called a family meeting to let you know that I have some big news. I am seeing someone." Meredith said. "Do you love him." Zola asked.
"I think I do love her maybe." Meredith relied subtly dropping in that she was seeing a woman. " Wait, her." Ellis asked. "Your gay."
"No. I don't know what I am all I know is that I'm in love with a woman." Meredith replied.
"Well I think it's great. You should be happy." Bailey said. "Yeah I guess. I'm just glad your not gonna be alone as much anymore." Zola added.
"Did you love dad." Ellis asked. She had never met her dad and her mom was her only way to remember him. "Yes I did, but he died sixteen years ago. I thought it was time I moved on." Meredith said. She thought had of Derek almost every day since he died, she felt a bit guilty for sleeping with someone else. She wondered if he would approve. "do we know her?" Bailey asked.
"Yes you've met her a few times. I'm in love with Addison Montgomery." Meredith said. She wasn't sure how her kids would react to this new information. "Dads ex-wife? Your sleeping with Dads ex-wife." Zola said.
"Yes" Meredith replied.
"Well I think that's odd, but I support you no matter what." Bailey said breaking the awkward silence.
"Yeah. That's a bit weird but I guess it's cool as well." Zola said. Meredith's kids weren't exactly as accepting as she had hoped but at least they weren't being too mean. "Yeah, it's gonna take some time but i think that's ok, I guess. If you love her." Ellis finally said.

"I did it" Meredith said as she spoke on the phone to Addison. "I told my kids. And you've told Henry so now everyone knows."
"Yeah but Amelia is still acting weird about it." Addison said. "She will come around, she always does. And anyway she will see that we are happy and she will have to change her mind." Meredith told Addison.