Fairground Fun (Chapter 46)

You sighed while standing, stretching as you did, you were currently waiting in the waiting room of Ozpin's office, having been forced to stay behind by Ozpin and Ironwood despite already knowing about Salem. You assumed it was a way to punish you, although Ironwood still thought it best to have you watched for the time being, at least, that is why you thought Penny was waiting with you.

(Y/N): "So, you're here to...?" You asked, proposing the question, expecting to have to weasel it out of her.

Penny: "Babysit you, as the general put it."

(Y/N): "Of course he did." You threw your arms up in frustration.

Penny: "But, I believe we can use the time to become better friends, you are Ruby's friend too, right?"

You looked at Penny curiously, even Ironwood wouldn't stoop as low as to pay a girl to pretend to be your friend for the purposes of war. No, he definitely would, you concluded, but decided to humour her anyway.

(Y/N): "Little bit more than that."

Penny: "Best friends?!" She asked excitedly, while invading your personal space.

(Y/N): "Dating, we are dating." You clarified, while pushing Penny away with a finger to the forehead, letting her get the message and step back.

Penny: "Oh, she did not inform me of this..." She looked sad, she was either actually sad or a great actor.

(Y/N): "To be honest, I don't think she has gotten to spend as much time with you as she wants."

Penny: "General Ironwood does keep me occupied..."

(Y/N): "Yea, so who are you?"

Penny: "I am Penny Polendina, I am a student at Atlas Academy and I am combat ready!"

(Y/N): "Wow, that sounds rehearsed."

Penny: "It wasn't..." She hiccupped causing you to raise an eyebrow. "Apologies."

(Y/N): "Right, I'm (Y/N)-"

Penny: "(Y/N) (L/N), student at Beacon, 17, 10 warrants out for your arrest in the Kingdom of Atlas." She smiled. "Would you like to hear the charges?"

(Y/N): "Is this your way of threatening me?" You laughed.

Penny: "Of course not, I want to be your friend! Did I make a mistake?"

(Y/N): "Just a small one, criminal charges aren't commonly brought up among friends. Come on, do you wanna go eat?" You asked, gesturing to the door.

Penny: "But shouldn't we wait here?"

You smirked and looked at her, she was Atlas Military, whether she wanted you to know that or not, so she was going to follow orders. You decided to take advantage of that very logic.

(Y/N): "You can, if you want, but aren't you meant to babysit me?" You asked, posing it as a question.

Penny: "Yes-"

(Y/N): "Well I'm going out this door..." You said walking out the door to the hall, giving a little wave on the way out.

Penny looked at the elevator then back at the door, before finally deciding that her directive was to babysit you, and followed after you. When she walked through the door she found you leaning against the wall next to it with a smirk.

(Y/N): "Hah, got you all figured out."

Penny: "I sincerely doubt that."

(Y/N): "You seemingly follow orders to a fault, it's a start." You laughed, Penny just looked at you confused and followed you as you walked towards the fairground.