Chapter Forty-one: Home Time.

a/n:- WHO IS READY TO SEE THAT #TILERIE KISS WE HAVE AAAALLL BEEN WAITING FORRRR!!!???

😁😁😁

Valerie finally woke up after her quick nap that only took two days.

The first thing she noticed was that someone was breathing on her face and their breath smelled like meatballs.

Then she took a peek through her eyelids to see really white, sharp teeth and curly gold hair.

"Christ on a cinnamon roll!" She yelled as she sat up abruptly.

The blonde dog that was watching her sleep barked excitedly and spun around in a circle.

"What...you're here!" She said and pat it's fur.

"Valerie?" Tijan said as he stepped into the tent, he paused when he spotted the dog by her side.
He was staying so still, like the slightest movement would make the dog attack.
It just stared at him with a bored expression.

"Ok that thing needs to stop coming back" Tijan whispered, pointing at it.

"It's just a puppy, why you freaking out?" Valerie asked with a chuckle. "I like him"

"I am not freaking out, I am a warrior" Tijan huffed, standing taller.

"Okay, fine" Valerie said feeling a slight migraine. "Bye little guy, I'll see you later" she said to the dog and she could have sworn the dog rolled its eyes before strutting out of the tent.

Tijan finally let out a breath and watched her get out of the small bed stretching like she'd been asleep for years.
Of course she had no idea she was in just black shorts and a grey sports bra which showed off the bandage wrapped around her middle to patch the wound on her tummy. Her right palm was also bandaged.
To cap it all was the ridiculous feather sticking out of her hair.
But she just looked around, interested in other things.

"Well um..." He started to say, trying to make small talk but she beat him to it.

"Where is this place? Where's everyone? How long have I been out for? Gosh, I had the weirdest dreams...I'm so hungry, where are my things? Were you watching after me the whole time...?"

"I have no clue how to handle you when you get like this" Tijan deadpanned.

She paused and giggled lightly. "Try answering each one of the questions then."

"We are somewhere in the Undiscovered" Tijan replied, choosing to stand and fold his arms. "The dark creatures have decided to call this place Newland. So we are in their territory. They are all going about their business now though and they hate you...well us"

"Oh?" Valerie said not expecting to hear that.

"For destroying their home and killing their king" Tijan said with a raised eyebrow.

Valerie visibly deflated. She took a deep breath stared at her hands, an unreadable expression on her face.

"What?" Tijan asked.