Chapter Fifteen: Surprise.

"We would handle that situation later," Kyoh said. Valerie and Tijan turned to him "right now we need to get the Dark Creatures out of our kingdom."

"Right, let's do this" Valerie said and glanced at Blue who nodded her approval.

"Wait!" Jags spoke up suddenly, the red duanti had been silent the entire time. "I just got a message from Faithful, the king needs backup, the village is under a lot of pressure, Mayi and Dansé are with him"

"Really? Let's go help them!" Valerie said.

"What is 'backup'?" Kyoh asked with a confused expression which also matched the one on Tijan's face.

Valerie only sighed and rolled her eyes "Blue, lead the way please"

🏹🏹🏹

"Valerie and Tijan, you both are in plenty of trouble!" Prince Artemas called as he struck down a Dark Creature with his gold and silver sword.

The two culprits glanced at each other with awkward expressions before paying attention to the fight.

The Dark Creatures were in masses here, they were tearing down the houses and basically destroying everything they could reach.

"They are so many!" Dansé grunted as she sliced an unfortunate dude's wing with her axe. "Mayi where are they coming from?"

"I am still searching" Mayi said blasting two balls of purple energy at approaching creatures "need I remind you that I cannot fight and meditate easily at the same time?"

"Okay, some of these messed up Dark creatures are resistant to my arrows! What the heck?!" Valerie called as she shot arrows over and over again, only killing half the targets.

"Try using lightening, Chosen One" Tijan sneered.

"I'm sorry what was that?" Valerie asked flipping her ponytail over her shoulder and shooting another arrow at an opponent. "Your opinions don't matter"

"Try using lightening, Valerie!" Dansé called as she flew past, attacking a Dark Creature.

"Good idea Dansé, thank you so much for that!" Valerie replied and grinned evilly at Tijan before blasting spheres of crackling electricity at the monsters.

Surely enough they fried up and fell lifeless on the ground.

"Kyoh, please put out the flames" The Prince called and Valerie ducked as Kyoh swooped over her head to do as he was told.

"Yes, your majesty!" He replied, Valerie watched for a while as he shot frost from his hands or rather his entire body.

"I wonder how Dansé even cuddles with him" Valerie thought aloud and when she spotted Dansé, she called "Hey Dansé how do you cuddle with Kyoh? He's always cold!"

While she was listening for an answer, something collided with her back and sent them both flying forward.

A huge Dark Creature had attacked her from behind! Valerie looked over her shoulder just as the monster raised a huge fist.

She gasped and hid her face under her arm.

Suddenly, the crushing weight was gone. She looked sideways just to see Tijan tackling the Dark Creature. They rolled in the dirt and then landed in a hole which she didn't notice was there before...