Chapter Seven: Lightening.

"This is the banquet hall" Dansé said gesturing to the doors she had pushed open.

"Amazing, look at that ceiling" Valerie said in awe. The very high ceiling looked like glass with colourful gases trapped in it, it was beautiful.

"I created it" Mayi said in a matter of fact manner as they continued walking, they were strolling down a beautiful corridor to the Throne Room. On the way, the girls were giving Valerie a little tour.

"Yes, Mayi does the most wonderful decorations," Dansé said dreamily as she hooked her arm through Valerie's "that is her art; designs and texture"

"Like fashion designing?" Valerie asked and Mayi blinked at her.

"We don't use those terms here" Vanity (Mayi's duanti), said lazily as she rest on her owner's shoulder. She was a dainty purple thing that reminded Valerie so much of Disgust from Inside Out.

"Oh, so what's your art Dansé?" Valerie asked.

"The joys of dance and music, you can tell by my name, yes?" Dansé replied, skipping a little.

"Oh yeah, it sounds French though" Valerie said.

"Fwenchch?"Dansé asked, tilting her head slightly.

"It's another Terrenian language" Em, Dansé's sky blue duanti said "Dansé is dance in French and also in Oscavian"

"Oh, thanks Em" Valerie said "why are you duantis so smart? You know everything about my world when you haven't been in it"

"We duantis are born with knowledge from the Twelve Karis so we know almost everything" Vanity said with a proud smile "the first twelve duantis are said to be fragments of the gods themselves"

"Cool, so you guys worship the Twelve Karis?" Valerie asked the girls.

"Some do, some do not, it is a choice you are not forced to make" Mayi replied.

"What did you do to Tijan?" Dansé asked with full interest "he was very angry when he came back from the Cliff, and Jags mentioned you!"

"Oh, um..." Valerie pushed her hair behind her ears "I retaliated when he bullied me. It wasn't just me though, it was this dark...power, but I guess it's because I was being 'turned', I don't know, but it felt like electricity but in a good way, you know?"

"Hmm" Mayi said and stopped walking "this good feeling, where did it come from?"

"From in me? I guess" Valerie said, uncertainly "it felt like something from my guts"

"Eww" Vanity murmured.

"I know," Valerie said with a small smile "but that's how it felt"

"Oh, let me see your hands" Mayi said with a little excitement in her usually monotone voice.

Dansé came over to look too as Valerie put her hands in Mayi's open hands.

Mayi placed Valerie's palms a few centimeters apart so that they were facing each other and not touching.

Like she was holding an invisible box.