Chapter Eighteen: The Hall and the Mysterious Art.

Get ready guys. This gon be a looooonnggg chapter. See it as asking for your forgiveness.

🔊🔊🔊

"I'm serious, it was this small before it was turned" Valerie said holding her thumb and index fingers apart to show how small the spider was.

"Interesting" Prince Artemas said, "that is why no one but you must come into this realm"

Valerie nodded and sighed "I hope they find it, you're already stressed as it is"

"I am not stressed" The Prince said sitting straighter. Valerie rolled her eyes.

"So where's Susanne?" Valerie asked.

They were sitting in silence in a weird garden. One of the few gardens left since all vegetation was wiped from Olaw. This one was artificial but still breathtaking.

No wiggling grass this time, thank goodness.

They were sitting at easels, painting the scenery. Surprisingly, Oscavian easels were just like Terrenian.

"I have not seen her all day" The Prince said, looking around. He masked the worry from his face but Valerie managed to catch it.

But she didn't like mushy discussions so she didn't ask if he wanted to talk about his problems. She went back to her painting, dotting the green with touches of violet here and there

"How are your flying lessons going? Is Dainah teaching you well?" He asked.

"I don't know..." She groaned "I just can't do it, I don't need to fly do I? It's not necessary!"

"As long as you are in Oscavia, almost all your opponents would have flight. You must reduce all the gain they have against you." He said "it is necessary"

Valerie huffed. "Fine" she glared as she continued her painting. But not for long. Creating her art was her happy place, she could never remain mad while doing it.

She had spent an Oscavian week in there, which would be eleven days in Terrenian time.

It was wonderful really, she had to do a lot of training but when she wasn't doing that, she was having fun with her friends. She went to Piip every other night with Diaz to dance and try out new snacks and basically bond with him, she hung out with Dansé and Mayi and disturbed Tijan whenever she had the chance, which was a lot, him being her second shadow and all that.

She only caught glimpses of the Prince the whole time. He was extremely busy, always on guard since he was expecting an attack from The Void anytime soon, he only invited her to paint since he wanted to ease his tension.

Even with all these fun things, the entire kingdom just seemed to be holding its breath.

Valerie glanced at Blue and Faithful chatting it up a few meters away from them.

"What do you think duanti talk about?" Valerie asked turning back to her work.

"The silliest of things" Prince Artemas replied with a small smile "since they spend most of their time being wise"