Chapter Fourteen: The First Attack.

Valerie and the Legends of Oscavia.

Chapter Fourteen: The first Attack.

The wind was cold and harsh as it whipped her hair into her face. It did little to calm her tummy which was threatening to return her Panusé pie.

Valerie shut her eyes tight, listening to the whooshing sounds of the wind moving through the feathers of the Pegasus she was on. Or rather, thrown across like a sack of beans!

She definitely hated Tijan more than lizards by now.

She groaned when the Pegasus began to descend in a rapid touchdown. Finally, everything was still.

"We are arrived" Tijan said as he landed on his feet next to her and folded his wings behind him. Valerie peeked her eyes open just in time to see him attempt to help her off the horse.

"Touch me and I will call lightening and fry you" She threatened in a low voice.

He retreated and folded his arms. "Fine then, get down yourself" he said with a challenging look.

Valerie wiggled on the horse, searching for the floor with her feet. When she looked, she realized she was way off the ground.

"Stupid...tall...horse!" She grumbled as she tried to shimmy off the long legged animal.

After a lot of effort, she gave up and looked at Tijan who had a proud smile on his face. She ate a huge chunk of her pride and considered asking him for help.

Then Mayi swooped down from above and landed perfectly on her two feet with a sleepy Diaz in her arms. Blue and Vanity were having a small chat over her head.

"Mayi!" Valerie gasped. "Yes! Thank God, help me off this thing please!"

Mayi wordlessly gave Diaz to Tijan and came over to push Valerie off the horse.

"Thank you" Valerie sighed as her feet touched ground. She glared at Tijan but he was watching Diaz doze off in his arms.

She walked up to her little boy and ruffled his hair. "Hi Dizzy, did you have fun with your friends?"

"Yes moma" Diaz replied and yawned.

"Good, catch some sleep, I have a few things to take care of before we can all go back to the palace, okay?" Valerie said but he only mumbled a response and snored lightly.

Valerie looked up to see Tijan watching her silently. She raised her eyebrows in a slightly challenging way, but he only turned to look at the Prince and Dansé as they walked up to them.

"Praises, you are here now" Prince Artemas said to Valerie and pulled her along gently. "We have a crisis."

"Oh no what's wrong?" Valerie asked as she followed him.

She looked around and observed where she was. It was some sort of field. Vegetation was planted in rows all around a small building that looked like a glorified shack.

But the vegetation looked weird, even for Oscavia. They were an unhealthy pink color and shriveled.

"What's up with the plants?" Valerie asked and they stopped at a vast field completely covered in pink shriveled plants. "Oh no" Valerie said once more.