Chapter Twenty-nine: Awkward.

It was already an entire day since Tijan and Valerie learned that they were matched. They were supposed to be soulmates. And they still hadn't said a word to each other since then.

They even still had those shocked expressions on the entire time!

Everything was so awkward in the group as they travelled through the forest.

"Valerie, wait" Dansé called as she caught up to Valerie who was walking ahead of everyone.

Valerie just stared ahead, the same shocked expression on her face.

"Valerie! Valerie....VA-LE-REEE!" Dansé called and grabbed her shoulders, shaking her hard.

"Oh my gosh, what?!" Valerie said, scowling at Dansé.

"I do not feel comfortable with the way you and Tijan stopped speaking!" Dansé said, straightforwardly.

"You do not even fight anymore and I am dying to get out of this awkwardness!" Dansé groaned. Valerie didn't say anything, she hadn't even stopped walking the entire time.

Dansé grabbed her arm and she yanked it away angrily. "Look, Dansé, I love that you and Kyoh like to have your fun and play pranks on other people. I don't even mind if they're played on me! But you took this one too far!" She hissed so that she won't alert the others. "You're the cause of what's happening right now and you're complaining?"

"It was bound to happen, one day without my help, you would have become tiyapih, it was only I who brought that day closer." Dansé argued, folding her arms.

"I'm not ready!" Valerie whispered angrily "don't you see? How do you want me to be bonded with someone who can't do without hurting me in some way? Obviously he isn't even ready for this too!"

"But..." Dansé murmured.

"You know what? Don't talk to me. I'm not even ready for this conversation either." Valerie said and turned to catch up with Mayi who had gone ahead.

Dansé sadly went to walk next to Kyoh who had waited up for her.

"I think we broke them," Dansé said a bit worriedly.

"Give them some more time" Kyoh said.

"Perhaps by the end of today, they would be fine" Dansé said hopefully.

But even by evening when the sky was turning orange, Tijan and Valerie still hadn't looked at each other, passed the same route as each other or touched the same thing at the same time, not to talk of speaking to each other!

In case the entire description wasn't clear, No, they were not fine!

Valerie sighed as she sat resting on a tree, she watched the others have dinner a distance away from where she was sitting. She wondered where Blue was.

Suddenly, she felt some negative charges tingle her back, it was becoming stronger as whatever it was approached silently.

"Transappar" she whispered, twirling her paintbrush around her fingers.

"What's got you looking all down and everything?" A familiar, tenor voice asked quietly.

Almost too quickly to register, Valerie was up on her feet, her arrow glinting dangerously in the sunset as she pointed it at Levi's throat.