Chapter Thirty-Six

Andrei arrived promptly at seven o'clock the next day dressed in his newest suit with a black tie and polished shoes. He made sure to wear his nicest Rolex and matching cuff links that were custom made in Italy. The man told his mother and sister that he would not be returning for a little while, not telling them where he was headed as the mentioning of Zara's name always sparked questions or created an awkwardness between the twins. Hopefully Cersei and Zara would make up and start speaking again. And hopefully it would be soon because Andrei needed all the moral support he could get to face her father.

Caddel, the CEO of Caddel Enterprises and supposedly the most powerful man in the world. A dear friend of Andrei's father, Miron Lykaois, and a man is feared amongst all. And for some unknown reason, Caddel always hated Andrei, even before he discovered that Andrei was the father of his grandson. No one understood why and quite frankly, Andrei was in no rush of finding out why. Andrei didn't necessarily fear the guy. He respected the man for his accomplishments, for being the father of his now-girlfriend as of a week ago, and for being able to keep his power for a long time.

Taking his Ferrari LaFerrari (yes, that's actually the name of the real car), he left for the Caddel territory and parked up front. The security all stared him down, checking his ID, searching inside of his car for weapons and whatnot, and even patted him down. Of course Andrei was not idiotic enough to bring a weapon, so he stood still as the guards worked, checking his watch for the time. The man was very anxious to get inside of the house. He kept on wondering if Zara would be home and if he could see her again. Andrei needed to see her again. He couldn't explain how much he missed her and needed to be in her presence once more.

Finally, two guards escorted him inside of the house and Andrei found that the decor had entirely changed to accommodate Caddel's arrival. He was shown the lounge area where he and the boys had sat waiting for Zara to return after their little fight, and found himself looking at the bottle of whiskey. Maybe a little drink would be nice. Pouring himself a drink, he heard the door open to reveal Sam dressed in business attire.

"Hello, Andrei," she greeted with a smile. It was a smile that looked more pitiful than happy to see him. "Dinner will be prepared shortly."

Andrei nodded his head and said before he could stop himself, "How is she?"

Sam nodded her head. "You can ask her yourself when you see her."

"She'll be joining us for dinner then?"

The sound of heels clicking the ground came from the other side of the door and Andrei could recognize the footsteps. Zara entered the room in a blue cocktail dress that fitted her body like a glove. Her hair was out of her face, curls pinned into place to show her silver jewelry. She was stunning, but when was she not? She was holding a book in her hand and looked as if she had been running.

"Sam, have you─" Zara met his eyes and stopped mid sentence. "Andrei."

He loved it when she spoke his first name. Before he knew it, his glass was on the counter and Zara was in his arms. Andrei rested his chin on her head as he held her tightly, her face was against his chest. He could smell the floral perfume and he smiled into her hair. This was how it was supposed to be.

"Hello, love," he smiled. "Missed me?"

Zara laughed into his chest. "Maybe," she sang. "But clearly you missed me because of all the phone calls to my father, the numerous illegal entries onto the property, and even bringing in hackers to get into the systems."

Andrei sighed. "The things I do for you."

She kissed him gently and could feel his smile. "I did miss you."