Chapter Twenty-Eight

Zara was pissed off. She was sitting in Kenji's private box at his Fight Club, waiting for Enzo to arrive so she could tell him that her father wouldn't help. He said it should be hers to deal with and that she should learn her lesson about keeping secrets from him. When she spilled the truth about those five months and who was alive, the silence on the other end of the line told her everything she needed to know. Her father didn't yell, he just hung up after saying to handle Enzo's situation herself.

There was a knock on the door and she sat up to watch Enzo come in. The hope was evident on his face until he saw Zara's expression.

"I'm sorry," she told him. "I asked and I bargained, but..." He's pissed off at me and it's all my fault because he'd probably help you if I had told him the truth six months ago, or even before that. "He's not going to help."

Enz bobbed his head and thought of her words.

"We'll figure something out, Enz," Kenji said to his best friend.

She hated seeing her boys like this. The old Zara wouldn't have taken shit from her father and allowed him to just hang up. The old Zara would've devised a plan, used her own contacts and solved this issue when she first heard about it. The old Zara would release her inner demons and destroy his uncle for the hell he has caused over the past couple of months. She perhaps would not have even called her father in the first place because the old Zara would've been rid of this issue and everyone would be swell.

There was a knock on the door followed by many shouts and gunshots. The three of them glanced through the window to see the crowds fleeing for the exit, people dead in the bleachers or others fighting the attackers. Kenji ran his fingers through his hair and removed two guns from his coat. Enzo did the same.

"Stay here, Z," Kenji ordered.

The two boys rushed out of the room and slammed the private box shut. The old Zara wouldn't have wanted to stay put, she would've carried her own guns. The old Zara wouldn't have been nauseous of death and sick at the sight of blood, she was the one who usually caused it. The old Zara would've jumped into the fight and would always win. She would never allow others to put themselves into danger for her because the old Zara would've gotten rid of all of the danger present before any casualties would have occurred.

The sound of a body hitting the door caused Zara to set down her drink and stand up. She had been running away from her responsibility and problems for too long. Too focused on her strange relationship with Andrei, the highschool love life between Cersei and Damien, and hiding from her past. Zara could help Enzo regain control of his birthright, Damien become more popular with Tommy and earn money for his family, Kenji expands his clubs internationally, and whatever the hell was up with Andrei. She could help them all.

No more hiding. The girl picked up a small knife from the utensil tray at the bar and pressed her body behind the door.

Six months ago, she vowed to never kill again. Zara was about to break that vow.

And when the door swung ajar, Zara slammed it on the person's arm and was quick to stab the man in the throat. She picked up his gun and joined the fight.

There were over thirty men attacking the Fight Club and she spotted her friends beating the shit out of some of them, diving for cover behind the walls and shooting them in the chest. The last time she saw this much blood was with Enzo and Kenji in the dinner, but even then, that was nothing compared to this scene. Suddenly the girl caught sight of a knife flying towards her head and barely managed to roll out of the way. She bounced back to her feet and shot the man, charging forward to help the others.

It was over within five minutes and Zara had shot ten people through the head, stabbing two in the neck, and pushing one off of the bleachers. Kenji and Enzo stared at her in disbelief when she walked over without a spec of blood on her clothes to join the other bouncers.