Chapter Eighteen

Andrei was not in the car when Zara was picked up on Friday at six sharp. He wasn't even on the private plane to Paris. The boy didn't even meet her at his own Parisian townhouse and he wasn't there when she woke up the next morning. Zara was furious. She was so fucking confused of what the fuck was going on until she saw the little note on the table near her coffee and breakfast: Dress for shopping. Leaving at 10.

She packed everything on the list, basic clothes for sleeping and chose her own cute outfits for when she got to explore the city. Zara had a feeling that there'd be a fancy ass event so she brought a black cocktail dress and a long sapphire blue silk dress. Was Andrei Lykaois taking her shopping? The girl couldn't help but laugh out loud at the thought. Well Zara would never miss a shopping opportunity. She wished Cersei were here to come along because the two of them always had the best time.

Eating her breakfast and downing her coffee, she dressed in a black oversized sweater dress that went slightly above her knees, long heeled boots, and a large leather jacket. To complete her look, she chose a cross-body Chanel bag and a pair of Gucci sunglasses. It was fucking Paris, what she was wearing was casual. She kept her makeup light, but chose a deep red lipstick to complement her all black outfit, and used a claw clip to put up her hair. Satisfied with her appearance, she returned to the living room to find his assistant waiting for her.

"Hello Ms. Caddel," his assistant Elodie Melenia greeted with a smile. She was dressed in a gorgeous gray suit with a dark purple heel to match her tie. "I'm here to take you to your dress appointment with Elie Saab."

Zara was surprised. "Did you choose the designer?"

"No, Mr. Lykaois personally reached out to Mr. Saab," Elodie said.

Damn, Lykaois had taste. "That's very kind of him," Zara chose to say. "Is there an event we will be attending later this weekend?"

"Tonight you will be accompanying him to a charity auction," she informed as she picked up her purse from the couch. "He will pick you up in his car at eight tonight and the two of you will walk into the event together. Has he not told you any of this, Ms. Caddel?"

"Please, call me Zara. And no, he hasn't."

Elodie nodded. "That's peculiar. Typically, he is more organized than this. No matter, Ms. Ca─ Zara, we best be going."

The appointment took three hours with Elie Saab himself present the entire time. Elie Saab was a Lebanese fashion designer with workshops in Paris and Milan who flew over from Lebanon for this fitting. He started his business in bridal couture in the 1980s but now is dressing celebrities all around the world and participates in Paris week. Zara and Elodie were able to look through all of his gowns, trying on numerous luxurious goods until they found the one. It was from one of his older collections.

"A little revealing for a charity auction, don't ya think?" Zara said after she twirled in the mirror to see how the dress moved.

"Mr. Lykaois will love it," Elodie clapped her hands together.

The girl ended up eating a late lunch at a cafe nearby. They were escorted to a private section in the restaurant, sitting outdoors much to Elodie's request, where plants and flowers decorated the exterior. Zara remembered when Andrei first hired Elodie three years prior when they were freshmen, she had teased him about needing an assistant. She only had few interactions with Elodie, knowing that she was French, spoke many languages, and was in her late twenties. Zara understood why someone so intelligent was working for Andrei, but then again, working for the Lykaois empire was impressive.

"Can I ask you a personal question?" Zara said.

"Yes," Elodie replied, setting down her glass of water.