Chapter Forty-Two

disclaimer: smut.

ig ur smut summoning dance worked lmao. also i felt so fucking guilty for writing this and even more guilty for publishing it. so um enjoy because my dignity is now down the drain :)

Zara was bargaining with her father, or at least trying to persuade him to listen to her thoughts and feelings. They spoke maturely for only ten minutes before the hissing and shouting erupted which lasted for the next two hours. Sam arrived home, escorted by Gio and Fabian who were stopped at the front door much to their despair. She was in a strange mood, kissing Zara on the head and saying that they'd speak later. As for Zara and her father, they continued to argue until the sun rose and both of their tempers were not calming down anytime soon.

"You never liked high school," Caddel spat. "I do not understand why you wish to continue when you can graduate early and be done with it."

His daughter tossed her arms in the air. "And then you'll move us away?! I just got here! It's only been three months and now you want us to leave again?!"

Caddel studied his daughter, tapping his fingers against his desk. He knew the real reason why she wished to stay and he knew that she would not be the first one to admit it. "All because of a boy, Zara," he stated. It wasn't a question.

"Not because of a boy, father," she snapped back. Andrei was more than that, but she wouldn't say that out loud. Not to her father. "My closest friends are here and I get to spend my final year of high school with them. Also the heart of Caddel Enterprises is this city and we will be closer to all of the action." She paused and sat up in her seat, leaning forward to meet his stare. "And for the first time in a while, I am happy. I am happy that we moved here and I am happy with the life I've created myself. Don't take that away from me."

Her father watched as his daughter stood her ground. The passion and rage in her voice bouncing off the walls as silence washed over them.

Finally Caddel spoke, "Never put your life on hold for anyone."

"Yes, of course. I'll take that advice," Zara spat. "Because you never put your life on hold for anyone. You never asked if I wish to leave a school or move to another country. You never ask me for my opinion about the company and you never ask me to handle situations that could harm our reputation. Everything's always been about you! And you can never stop, for one fucking second, to look around and see that people are suffering! That we don't want to, can't move as fast as you! What do you think happ─"

The man slammed his hands against the table and jumped from his seat. Zara refused to back down though she could hear the blood pumping through her body and her heart rate rapidly increasing. Caddel's mask went away and there he was, the man everyone feared. Her father knew what she was going to say and refused to hear it. Zara supposed they would just never speak of it and she wanted to scream.

"January, you have until January to enjoy this new happiness and all of your friends," Caddel told her. "You will be graduating at the end of that month. I've already spoken with the headmaster and you have more than enough credits to graduate, but since you are so keen on staying here, you can continue until the semester ends. Then you will begin your training to take over Caddel Enterprises immediately afterwards."

His terms were better than she expected, but still she felt empty. Zara nodded her head and removed herself from her seat, smoothing out her dress as she had yet to change from her dinner attire. "And then what?"

Will they move again or would they stay? Would she be allowed to see her friends and hang out with them? Would she be allowed to continue to date Andrei? What about Sam? Zara would be an adult by the end of January and there would be no need for a babysitter. Where would she go and what would she do? And what of the training? What does that mean?