Chapter Twenty-Three

"I told you I would find out your secret, Kenny," Zara said as she sat down on the couch across from him. "But honestly, I didn't think it'd be this soon."

Kenji grinned. "I didn't think you'd find out at all, Z, how the hell did you get in?"

"I know people," she shrugged. If Zara could avoid mentioning Tommy Young, she would. She wondered if Damien told the others about her relationship with the king of the street racers. "So, you're the Mountain?"

He knew she was trying to contain her laugh, but the amusement in her eyes were dancing circles. Kenji removed his suit coat and tossed it onto the armrest.

"Go ahead and laugh," Kenji smiled. "It's better than the Bulldozer and Redlight. Want something to drink?"

Zara shook her head and Kenji hid his shock. He knew there was definitely another reason why she stayed home for an entire week without human interaction. But some fucked of shit must've gone down in Paris if Zara refused to drink.

"I assume the other Golden Boys know about this," Zara said, leaning back into the couch and hugging a pillow. "How long have you owned them?"

"My grandfather started the Clubs when he was around my age and expanded it nationally," Kenji told her. "Then he passed it down to my father when he was of age and now they're my responsibility. Mother doesn't know about any of this."

"So I'm assuming before you found out about Enz' little family secret, you already knew how to fight," she said.

Kenji took a sip of his drink. "My grandfather and father trained me themselves."

There was a long pause where Zara just nodded her head.

"No more questions?" he asked, raising his brow.

"That's all I'm really curious about," she replied. "Honestly I'm not as shocked about this as I was with Enz and Dame."

"I think my secret is cooler than Dame's," Kenji muttered.

"It's not a competition," Zara laughed.

Kenji set down his glass and removed a pack of cigarettes from his jacket. He offered Zara one who once again declined it. Lighting it, he took a large hit and released the smoke into the air, watching as it floated away. Zara was not watching the fights, her back was turned away from the screens. Instead, her eyes were focused on the rest of the room. There wasn't any decor, it was all black walls and furniture, no pictures or paintings plastered up. He intentionally kept this room dull just in case some crazy shit decided to break in.

"How are you feeling?" Kenji asked.

"You know I wasn't sick, Kenny," she sighed.

"I know."

There was a knock on the door and the bouncers head popped in, saying something in Japanese before opening the door wider. Zara watched as two more boys entered the room, wearing suits as well.

"Zarita!" Enzo exclaimed and hugged the girl. "Are you better?"

"Hey Z," Damien smiled. "I guess now you know three of our secrets."

Zara squeezed both of the boys tightly before they sat down. Enzo next to Kenji who offered him a cigarette and Damien next to Zara who took a glass of scotch from the bar.

She rolled her shoulders back and shrugged. "I'm fine, I'll be back on Monday."

"How was Paris?" Enzo asked. "Andrei wouldn't give us any of the details."

"It was fun," Zara replied with a small smile. "I hung out mostly with Elodie."

It was clear that she too didn't want to say any of the details. She wouldn't tell them about how Andrei was drunk and how he pushed her against the wall in the empty hallway. She wouldn't tell them about her encounter with her ex-fiancé that no one knew about and their conversation that led into the garden.