Chapter Thirty-Three

In a black skin tight dress and stilettos, Zara gripped her handbag as she exited the vehicle. She asked to be dropped off three blocks away from Mad Goat around seven thirty in the evening and was now walking to the destination, trying to clear her head. The girl did her best to ignore the stares of strangers as she went, processing how she'd react if she saw Andrei. Would he even come tonight? She wasn't sure. Did she want him to come tonight? Fuck no. Santos could be fairly touchy at times though Zara had learned how to deal with him, but she didn't want Andrei or any of the Golden Boys witnessing this. But a deal is a deal.

Now she found herself across the street from Mad Goat, resting against the brick wall with a cigarette in hand. Zara had checked her phone to see pictures of everyone at Homecoming with spiked drinks and dancing under the awful decorations. Instead of being a normal teenager tonight and getting drunk at the dance, she was going on a date with a dangerous gang lord who had a crush on her and was trying to kill her best friend. At least she was drinking tonight. And probably more later in the comfort of her kitchen and much to Sam's dislike.

"Aren't you going in?" a voice asked from behind her.

Zara smiled. "Hello Elodie."

The girls hugged tightly and Zara assessed her friend's outfit. A red cocktail dress with a full face of makeup and a handbag. "You look fucking stunning!" Zara exclaimed. "What are you doing here tonight?"

"Remember the bartender I've grabbed coffee with?" Elodie asked. Zara nodded her head and remembered their conversation in Paris. "She invited me for drinks. She works at Mad Goat and we're walking to some other place."

"Ooh, you're going on a date," Zara teased.

Elodie raised her brow and looked at Zara. "Looks like you are too."

Technically, it was a date, at least to Santos' knowledge. "A business meeting," Zara said with a guilty look.

"Mr. Lykaois has informed me of it," Elodie told her. Well fuck. What else did she know? "No need to lie. He's been very upset lately and I had to hear all the information from Cersei, then figured out the rest from talking with Damien."

Zara shook her head and took a hit. "So you know everything? All about the Golden Boys and their secrets, me and Cersei fighting, and my lost child?"

Elodie nodded. "You've been through a lot, but it'll all get better."

"I know, I know. That's why I'm meeting Santos, I want a distraction and just jump into the chaos to avoid my own chaos."

Elodie removed the cigarette from Zara's hand and dropped it on the ground. Zara didn't stop her before her friend stepped on it with her heel, kicking the remainders to the side. She raised her brow as Elodie grabbed Zara's hand and pulled her from the wall.

"It's almost eight and both of us have meetings to attend to," Elodie smiled.

"If she breaks your heart, I'll break her," Zara said, all serious.

Her friend stifled a laugh. The two girls rushed across the street as the cars honked as the lights were still green.

"That's what Mr. Lykaois told me as well," Elodie said. "He may come tonight. I know you two are on strange terms at the moment, but he does truly care for you."

Zara smiled sadly. "I know he does."

The security guards acknowledged the ladies and opened the heavy doors for them. Zara popped a mint inside of her mouth and squirted some perfume before entering to not smell like smoke. It wasn't like Santos was going to care, knowing him, he had already smoked a pack today. Elodie squeezed her friend's hand as she went off in her separate way, spotting her date behind the bar dressed in her uniform. Zara winked at her friend, mouthing: call me later; and the girls parted.