Chapter Nine

"Honey, you need to reapply sunscreen or else you'll get wrinkles," Cersei told Kenji.

The six of them were all laying out on the beach on the chairs Kenji's staff members had set up for them before sunrise. It was late in the afternoon on Friday and Cersei had convinced all of the boys to lock away their devices, taking a long needed break from school work, regular work, and family work. Kenji, of course, was the first one to agree and together they nagged Damien, then moved onto hiding Enzo and Andrei's phones. Zara didn't bother to associate herself with Cersei and Kenji as they risked their necks by "borrowing" their electronics. In fact, she was surprised Kenji was helping her, considering the fact that he knew Enzo's issues.

"My grandmother never put on sunscreen and she looks like she's thirty," Kenji muttered back, turning over from his back.

"It also prevents skin cancer and sunburns," Cersei chimed. The girl had taken a break and the servants brought out an umbrella for her. She was rubbing in the sunscreen all over her body for the fifth time within the past three hours. Half of the bottle was gone. "Also, no girl likes a guy that looks like a tomato."

Enzo was fast asleep which was perfect. He hadn't slept in a while. Enzo had asked his friends to wake him up in half an hour, but no one did and two hours had passed. Cersei asked the staff members to bring him an umbrella as well along with cool towels so he didn't overheat. Damien was on his chair in between Cersei and her twin brother, listening to music.

"Look, even Damien is putting on sunscreen and he has more melanin than you," Cersei pointed out, closing the bottle.

Damien cracked a smile and Zara couldn't contain her laugh. She knew that Dame didn't typically put on as much sunscreen unless they were around Cersei.

"Cece," Andrei cut in, slightly annoyed. "Let the man burn."

Cersei said something under her breath as she closed her umbrella and continued to soak up the sun. It was about an hour or so until it set.

"Yes, C, I put on sunscreen," Zara told her friend before she could ask. "I reapplied it twice already and I'll do it once more later."

"Good, you and Dame can be looking twenty when you're seventy."

It was nice to be able to relax with her friends, it felt like old times. During the summers, they'd escape to private islands or new countries to swim in the oceans, explore the jungles, and learn about the new cultures. Zara remembered the last time the six of them were united was June of last summer where they went to Enzo's villa in the coast of Italy, then took a boat to Santorini, Greece to finish their trip. All six of them only recalled snippets of their time in Santorini, but there was a lot of drinking and boats involved.

"Z," Zara heard Cersei say. She was just about to fall asleep like Enzo when she felt someone tap her shoulder. Zara opened her eyes, squirting at the light to see Cersei standing next to her. "Want to go for a walk with me?"

Zara rolled over to her side to check the time. "Give me five minutes?"

"Dame will go with you," Kenji called out.

Damien shot up from his chair at the sound of his name. He removed his Air Pods from his ears and looked at Kenji, clearly confused.

"What?" he questioned.

"Yeah, Dame will go with you," Zara told Cersei with a small smile. "He looks like he wants to walk. Don't ya, Dame?"

"Go on a walk?" Damien repeated with a frown.

Kenji nodded. "Cersei wants to walk with you, Dame. Go now before the sun sets!"

Cersei glanced back to Damien with a shrug. She grabbed her sunglasses from the table and put them on, pulling her hair back into a ponytail.

"Let's go, Dame," Cersei announced.

Damien didn't need to be told twice as he practically jumped out from his chair and tucked his Air Pods back into his case. Kenji and Zara watched the two walk away in the direction of the sun, already in conversation.

"Nice work, Kenny," Zara commented.

"Yes, real subtle," Andrei added.

Zara looked at Andrei whose eyes were closed. Her attention went down towards his chest. Fucking hell. His abs. Hell, all four of the boys had nice bodies and it wasn't like she hadn't seen them shirtless before. They all grew up together, but she always found Andrei more attractive. She was able to regain control of her eyes and formed a scowl on her face.

"You gonna send him away like you did Beckett?" Zara challenged. She could've sworn she heard Kenji wince.

Andrei didn't bother to move when he replied, "Dame better not fuck up."

Kenji and Zara shared a small look. In all the years they had known Andrei, he had never once liked a single guy who pursued his sister.

"You approve of Dame?" Kenji dared to ask.

"You're alright with your sister dating your best friend?" Zara clarified.

"Now don't make me rethink my decision," Andrei warned them. "Besides, Cece is clueless that he likes her and has been for years, and Dame hasn't grown the balls yet to ask her out. So yes, I'm alright with my sister dating my best friend though we might have to wait. I would hope she'd be alright if I did the same."

He did not just say that. Zara immediately turned away from Andrei and looked at the ocean in front of her. Dating was not in Andrei Lykaois' vocabulary. But then again, apparently he had a girlfriend that Zara did not know about.

Kenji started to laugh.

"You," he began in between breaths. "Dating Zara?" The boy was laughing so much that he had to sit up and hold onto his stomach.

"It was a rhetorical statement, Ken," Andrei said.

Still Kenji couldn't contain his laughter.

"Kenny," Zara said, now closing her eyes to resist the urge to look at either of the boys. "I hope you understand that Lykaois and I will never happen. Hell would have to freeze over before we ever date."

Kenji cracked a grin and stood up from the chair, wiping the tears from his eyes. He picked up a bottle of champagne from the ice bucket and popped the cork open.

"Thanks guys," he told the two. "I really needed that laugh."

The boy walked back to the villa in the center of the private island, drinking straight from the bottle. Damn, he could drink.

"That better have been a rhetorical statement, Lykaois," Zara muttered.

"Hell would have to freeze over before we ever date?" Andrei mused. She could imagine him smiling. "A little harsh, don't you think? I don't appall you that much."

"It wasn't a rhetorical statement," she chirped.

"What wasn't a rhetoric statement?" they heard Enzo grumble. "Fuck, what time is it? You didn't wake me up! Where the fuck is my phone?!"

so i did take a little break, but thank you to all who still stuck with the story! i'll try to update everyday for now on.

now we got everyone trying to help out dame here and we know that andrei approves of his best friend dating his sister. dame👏🏼needs👏🏼to👏🏼grow👏🏼a👏🏼pair👏🏼and👏🏼ask👏🏼her👏🏼out! and apparently kenny finds it's the funniest thing in the world to imagine andrei and zara dating. do you think it was a rhetorical statement? next chap already up!