Chapter 16 - Defenestrate

Defenestrate - (v.) to throw someone or something out of a window.

The picture above is what Evangeline changes into.

E V A N G E L I N E

The next few moments went by in a flash.

One moment, Remus's arm is still curled around her waist, the next, he's against a wall with a wand to his neck.

Elliot "Elio" Love was known for being overprotective, especially over his little sister, and the current moment proved that.

He had, in the blink of an eye, pinned Remus to the wall, wand pressed against the skin of his neck. His brown eyes- the same color as their fathers and Evangeline's- were narrowed at the man.

"Mind explaining what your doing with your tongue down my sisters throat?" He demanded, his accent different than she remembered.

Before Remus could attempt to answer, Evangeline beat him to it.

"Elio, let him down, he did nothing wrong," she bit out, grabbing his shoulder only to be shrugged off.

"Did nothing wrong?" Elio barked a laugh, rolling his eyes, "I could hardly say that was nothing."

Evangeline too rolled her eyes, "it was a kiss, don't be a prick."

Elio didn't answer her, glaring daggers at Remus, who, thankfully, was keeping quiet.

"Elio," her tone was laced with warning, "let go or so help me Merlin, I will throw you out of the window without a second thought."

When he still didn't budge, Evangeline let out a sharp sigh and shook her head. Elio was beyond stubborn and had been the same to Bill all those years ago when she was still in school.

"Fine," she mumbled and a split second later, her body began shifting and changing, bones snapping and reforming- rather painfully for some odd reason- into the form of Goldie.

Now stood on four paws, Evangeline trotted forward, opening her jaw and snapping it closed on Elio's right calve.

When they were kids and Elio did something particularly rude or annoying, Evangeline would do the exact same thing as now.

"What the fuck!" Elio shouted, jumping back. His gaze searched for her, eventually landing on her, tail wagging energetically.

Remus, now released from Elio's grip, moved to stand slightly in front of her, something she found particularly adorable.

"Can you shift back? I'm not gonna shout at a dog," Elio grumbled, glowering at Remus.

Evangeline debated not doing so, but considering the tense situation, she decided against it and changed back.

The second she was back in her human form, Elio went off.

"What the hell is going on? I was in the middle of a show- drumming my little heart out- when a damn hummingbird patronus pops up in front of me, spouting shit about you being in danger. So, naturally, I stop the show, Apparate back to the van, use my Port Key, and get to the place Lillian told me, only for me to walk in and see some dude sucking your face," Elio rambled quickly, talking with his hands.

Evangeline and Remus both flushed pink, glancing briefly to each other before back to Elio. That's when she caught on to what he said.

"Wait- Lillian sent you a patronus saying I was in danger?" Oh, she's dead.