Chapter 14 - Torpe

Torpe - (n.) a man who is desperately in love with a woman, but cannot admit his feelings or approach her.

R E M U S

The past weeks had been a struggle, but not just for Remus.

For starters, he'd been in an all around rubbish mood following Evangeline and Bill getting together and had spent the weeks going on every dangerous mission he possibly could. He didn't care much about anything these days and the missions were a distraction from that.

Everytime he'd volunteer for a mission, he could see, out of the corner of his eye, Evangeline frown.

When he wasn't off risking his life like an idiot, he was glaring at Bill. Since the pair had gotten back together, Evangeline seemed put out, like someone had thrown a blanket over the sun. Almost there, but not quite. But the moment he looked at her, she'd smile, although it didn't reach her eyes.

Bill had also started coming to headquarters less and less, citing work as the reason.

The tension between Bill and Evangeline and Remus and Evangeline made the whole house nervous, always keeping them apart from him best they could.

It was now December 18th and Remus was sat in the living room listening to Voulez-Vous by ABBA with Sirius and Tonks, the two in a heated debate on whether or not Starman was David Bowie's best song.

"Yes, it is, do you have ears?" Sirius shouted.

"I do, in fact, have ears and I strongly disagree. His best song is All The Young Dudes," Tonks rolled her eyes.

"Are you mental? Mott The Hoople's version of it is heaps better," he glared at her, "how we're related is beyond me."

Remus was about to interject and declare Heroes his best song, shouting came from upstairs.

"Are you serious? Do not make this about me!"

"It's not like you were happy, I could tell- everyone could!"

"That doesn't mean you can cheat on me!"

The three shared a look before jumping to their feet, rushing to see what was going on.

"Angie, please-"

"Do not call me Angie right now! Get out of my room and get out of this house before I hex you!"

"Angie-"

"GET OUT!"

Remus bound up the stairs to Evangeline's room, wand gripped in his hand, Tonks and Sirius close behind.

"Please, it was a mistake, give me another chance-"

"This was your second chance, now GET OUT!"

Evangeline's cheeks were tinted pink, tears in her eyes as she shouted at a pleading Bill.

"Please," Bill stepped forward, only for her to shove him back, her eyes a shade of crimson Remus had never seen on her before.

Tonks immediately, upon seeing her friend so angry and hurt, stepped in, pulling her back, "Goldie, you gotta calm down."

Remus and Sirius stood between them and Bill, the two men glaring at the ginger, wands in hand.

"You need to leave," Sirius growled, jaw clenched.

"Now," Remus added, glaring daggers into him.