Heartless | (Catra)

"Soo, I was thinking," Scorpia starts awkwardly, "Maybe we could have like a game night or something? You know, just me and you" her voice trails off as we round a corner. But before I can say something sarcastically back to her, our attention is drawn to a group of girls walking down a hallway. People nearly break their necks to move out of their way as they continue making their way down the long hall. The girls are gigantic, towering over everyone in their presence. They're all dressed in Horde uniforms that we definitely don't have here in The Fright Zone. 

I turn around to face Scorpia, my tail swinging behind me and I ask, "Who are they?" crossing my arms. "You don't know?" Scorpia asks in shock, "We covered them in force captain orientation," I roll my eyes. "That's Lord (Y/N) of the Horde's second division and the other girls are her highest-ranking members" Scorpia finishes, looking me directly in the eye. Her tone suggests that what she was saying should be common knowledge. "Wait," I say holding up a hand to Scorpia's face, "Lord? Second Division?" I question, absolutely confused and intrigued. "Wow, you should really attend a force captain orientation, at least once," she says, chuckling nervously. "Yeah, not happening" I snort, "Anyway, come on, I have to know more," I say dragging Scropia by the wrist into the hallway to follow behind Lord (Y/N). 

We follow behind them carefully not to draw attention to ourselves.  They stop in front of the black garnet chamber and I gulp. Lord (Y/N) knocks on the door twice and the door flies open and the group walks in. Before the door can close, I grab Scorpia and sneak in. We hide behind a pillar near the door as we watch Lord (Y/N) approach Shadow Weaver. She places a fist in her hand and bows. "Shadow Weaver," she says as she stands back up. Shadow Weaver raises a condescending eyebrow toward the girls standing behind her and they all bow quickly the same way that Lord (Y/N) did. Shadow Weaver places a fist in her hand and to my surprise, bows at Lord (Y/N) and says, "Phantom Worker". I can't help myself, I snicker quietly, covering my mouth trying to silence myself. Scorpia looks over at me her eyes widened in fear. But just like that, everything stops being funny. I feel myself being swallowed up in red electricity and drug over to Shadow Weaver. I stop directly in front of her face and she just stares, daring me to say anything or move. 

"And who the hell are you?"I hear Lord (Y/N) say and Shadow Weaver turns me around to face her. Since I'm being trapped in Shadow Weaver's electricity, I try my best to focus on the girl to distract myself from the searing pain. I look down at her hand and she's holding it slightly behind her sort of awkwardly. I look over at Scorpia who isn't moving and I realize that Lord (Y/N) is trapping her. Before I can say anything Shadow Weaver speaks up. "This is nothing but disappointment!" her voice booms throughout the room, causing me to flatten my ears and close my eyes. "Oh Mother," Lord (Y/N) says in a challenging tone, "I'm sure this disappointment has a name" she finishes. My eyes shoot open at the word mother and I look (Y/N) directly in the eyes in shock and confusion. "I had no idea Shadow Weaver had a daughter," I think to myself as Shadow Weaver releases me hardly onto the floor.  "Get up Catra," Shadow Weaver says and I immediately obey. Once I get up my eyes meet (Y/N)'s and I feel an unrecognizable emotion paralyze me. She looks me up and down, her eyes falling on my force captain badge. "So, you're a force captain?" she questions almost seductively. I feel my cheeks burn red and I quickly calm myself. "Yeah," I say cooly, shrugging. "And your friend?" she says, dragging Scorpia over to us the same way Shadow Weaver did to me. "Don't hurt her!" I scream at her extending my claws and pouncing at her. Before I can reach her to scratch her (Y/N) uses her free hand to capture me into electricity just like her mother. Except, her electricity is blue and hurts a thousand times worse than Shadow Weaver's. 

"I wasn't planning on it," (Y/N) says, releasing Scorpia and looking me directly in the eyes. (Y/N) takes a step forward, placing barely an inch between us. She's so close to me that I can feel the warmth of her every breath on my face. "But now," (Y/N) pauses, "I am going to hurt you" she finishes, making a swiping motion with one of her hands causing a rib on my left side to shatter. I scream out in pain as I feel the warm blood begin filling up my lungs. I want to cough but I don't. I just stay there, trapped, in pain, as tears fall from my eyes. (Y/N) raises her hand and repeats the same swiping motion causing another rib on my right side to shatter. I scream as I drop my head in pain and the room around me begins to get blurry. (Y/N) magically lifts my head and looks me in the eyes hard as she says, "Don't ever think about attacking me again".  (Y/N) uses both of her hands to make a pushing motion causing my spleen to rupture and I scream again this time, blood spilling out of my mouth. (Y/N) releases me from her electrical grip and I fall hard to the floor as everything goes black.