Book 2: The Book of Secrets | (Indigo)

Catra and I make our way back to the Manor, the silence between us loud and heavy. We make our way inside and up the stairs to my bedroom, still not saying a word to each other. Everything feels hazy and all I want to do is get into bed and lay down. I look over at Catra, taking notice of her tense body and hard expression. I could tell she was angry and wanted to say something, but she held off for whatever reason. My mind races back to Shekinah and the sting of the memory of her words causes me to wince quickly. I glance over to Catra hoping she didn't notice. I sigh and sit down on the bed, taking off my boots as I think of a way to break the awkward silence between us. 

"So how was your first party?" I ask awkwardly, looking over at Catra who was now sitting far away from me on the bed. She shrugs and looks off to the side, "fine," Catra replies, her tone flat and arms crossed. I shake my head up and down slowly, taking the hint. I get up from my bed and walk over to my closet. I step inside and find some random clothes for us to change into. I toss the clothes at Catra carelessly as I make my way into my bathroom, slamming the door hard behind me. I look up at myself in the huge mirror plastered over my sink and roll my eyes. "What are you doing? " I ask myself impatiently, studying my reflection up and down. I stare at myself in the mirror for a long while, my thoughts flooded with Shekinah, Catra, (Y/N), and everything else under the sun. My breath catches in my throat as I slowly begin reliving the memories that I've shared in the past 24 hours alone. The quiet sound of Shekinah's laughter fills the blank spaces in my brain as I close my eyes in an attempt to calm myself. "I love you," Shekinah's soft, raspy voice replays in my head as the memory of her smile the first time she ever told me she loved me plays in my mind. My body clenches tightly and I grab onto the sink, attempting to brace myself. The room feels like it's spinning and I still can't breathe. My eyes shoot open and I stare back at myself in the mirror. "Calm down," I mouth silently, watching as my reflection does the same. I release my grip on the sink as I let out a small breath. I blink back tears as I reach out to grab the clothes I brought with me to change into. I step out of my party outfit and change into my pajamas, remembering to take slow breathes every few seconds. "It's now or never," I say out loud to my reflection as I take a huge deep breath and turn to walk out of the bathroom. 

When I walk out of the bathroom, Catra is already changed and sitting back in the spot I left her in. She looks over at me as I make my way back towards the bed. "What?" I question, sitting down. Catra looks at me, her eyebrow raised in an expression that says, "you know what,". I roll my eyes and begin making myself comfortable in the bed. "All this time, it's been about me, what I've done, where I've been but what about you? Your whole life didn't just consist of Adora or Shadow Weaver," I say, resting my head on the pillow behind me. "Yes it did," Catra replies hardly, moving even further away from me. I look over at her, my expression hard but curious. "Me and Adora grew up together, we promised to always look out for each other, but then she found that stupid sword and made new best friends and left me to die in the Horde," Catra says, her voice growing angrier with every word; "and now I'm going to destroy her and all of her little friends, I spent my whole life in Adora's shadow but not anymore," Catra continues, shaking her head back and forth, "I'm going to take over Etheria," she pauses, "even if it's the last thing I do," Catra finishes, looking me firmly in the eyes. I nod slowly, showing her I understood. "Let me help you," I say enthusiastically, smiling softly. Catra's face drops into a shocked expression as she blinks a few times. "What?" she questions, her mismatched eyes sparkling with interest. "From the moment we all met you, we knew you were meant to be a part of our group, our family," I start, keeping my eyes locked on Catra's, "we promised you always and forever and that means we're never going to leave you, doubt you, or give up on you, we're always going to be by your side and fight with and for you, I'm always going to fight for you," I finish as I watch Catra smile softly and move slightly closer to me on the bed. "So that's what always and forever means huh?" Catra jokes. I reach over and pull her on top of me, kissing her gently on the forehead as she playfully tries to fight out of my grasp. "So are you going to let me help you or what?" I ask lowly, kissing Catra softly all over her face. "Fine," she agrees softly, leaning down to kiss me on my neck. I close my eyes slowly as the soft feel of her lips against my skin sends a warm rush down my spine. I wrap my hands around her waist, gripping her gently. Catra pulls away from my neck softly, bringing her face to meet mines as she closes her eyes and leans in to kiss me. I don't know if it's because I am drunk or if it's because I genuinely like her but I've never felt this way before. I press my lips harder into hers as she pulls her body closer to mines, trying to close the last few inches of space left between our bodies.