Tales of Moon Manor | (Indigo)

"No, not really," I say, clicking my two index fingers together and looking back at (Y/N) and eventually the ground. "Not unless I really have to," I continue, nervously glancing up at Catra. Catra leans against the wall, reaching up to stroke the long dark hair that was resting behind her. "Yes, you really have to," she says coolly, never taking her eyes off of me. I glance back at (Y/N) anxiously before sighing deeply and starting towards the door. "Come on," I invite, turning back to look at Catra. She raises an eyebrow and crosses her arms, unmoved from her spot on the wall. "You want the truth right?" I question, staring her deep in her mismatched eyes, "I can show you better than I can tell you, so come on," I finish, holding out my hand softly an invitation to join. Catra's eyes fall on my openly extended hand before making their way back to my face. She gives me a soft smile and an eye roll before pushing herself off of the wall and walking towards me, placing her hand in my extended one.

"Where are we going?" Catra asks, her tone of voice careful to not show any element of concern or excitement for that matter. "Home," I reply my tone of voice the complete opposite. Catra stops in her tracks, letting go of my hand. "What do you mean home?" she questions, gesturing on the word home. My eyes fall on my now empty hand and I feel a fit of sadness wash through my body quickly. I shake my head and blink, staring back at Catra in awkward silence. "We're going to Moon Manor well first we have to get to Half Moon and then we'll go to Moon Manor," I quickly explain. Catra blinks a few times before shaking her head and grabbing my hand. "I should've known all of you were trouble from the minute you walked in the Fright Zone," Catra jokes, leading me down the hall. "We're not trouble," I pout, "We're just well-traveled," I state, shaking my head in confident agreement. "Well-traveled" Catra snorts, giggling hardly. I smile at the sound of her laughter, tightening my grip around her hand as we continue to walk. "You know, I've gotten so used to teleporting these past few days, it feels kind of weird to actually have to walk," Catra says. My mind immediately is thrown back to (Y/N) and I feel the urge to run back to her room and stay there until she decides to wake up. But I keep walking with Catra, trying to push down any thoughts of (Y/N). After all, the thing I needed most was family, and taking Catra home would be the perfect excuse to visit.

"I know what you mean," I say, smiling, "When I first got to Etheria, (Y/N) teleported me everywhere just for fun," I continue, smiling at the memory. Catra pulls me a little closer to her, purring ever so quietly in an attempt to comfort me. "I guess I'm not doing a great job of hiding my feelings at all," I think to myself as we reach the door of Enid and Ethel's room. I stand at the door and do our usual knock, one knock up, one knock down, two knocks on the right, and three knocks on the left. "Why did you just knock like that?" Catra asks, trying to suppress her laughter. "So they know it's me, duh," I reply jokingly as Ethel opens the door and motions for us to come in.

"What's up," Enid asks from the bed, not turning her attention away from her phone. "I was hoping you two could do me a favor," I blurt out awkwardly, folding my hands in front of me. Enid and Ethel exchange a glance before looking back at me. "What is it?" Ethel asks, sitting back down on a bland grey chair in the corner of their room. "Well," I start, looking anxiously at each of them before turning to look at Catra, "Could you send us to Half Moon? I need to make a visit to Moon Manor and needed your help and also for you two to watch (Y/N)," I spit out rapidly, avoiding everyone's eyes as I finish. "Okay," Enid and Ethel agree together. I look up from the ground as the both of them stand up and make their way towards Catra and me. "I blame you, you made the order to call Yumi, and now look what's happened," Ethel whines to Enid. "Yeah? Is that why you've been sitting in that corner pretending to read spells for the past hour?" Enid questions, flipping her long curly hair over her shoulder. "We'll talk about this later," Ethel huffs, grabbing both of Enid's hands. The two of them gather around us and close their eyes as they begin silently chanting the spell that would teleport me and Catra to the kingdom of Half Moon. White light begins glowing around the four of us as the spell begins working. I feel my body begin dissolving into thin air as I'm whisked out of the Fright Zone and into the deep caves of Half Moon. As I feel my body rematerialize, I open my eyes slowly as a huge metal portal with glowing neon green and pink lights comes into view.