Life of the Party | (Catra)

We arrive at the party, crowds of people gathered around in various spots in front of the somewhat small wooden building. A bright red sign, boarded with white lights that read "Tap 313" in big orange letters lit up the front of the place just barely enough to make out faces, none of which I recognized, of course. "Tay Money!" the deep voice of a man calls out into the dimly lit sky. "Tay Money? " I question silently as I look over to Indi who begins walking excitedly towards the voice. "Big Rick!" Indi shouts back at the man who gives her a huge smile in reply the minute we come face to face. "What brings you back? Don't tell me you came back just for Lele's party g," Big Rick asks, a sly smile on his face. "I'm back just to be back, but you know me, I'm not staying long," Indi replies, the same sly smile on her face as she shrugs. "Well, no matter the reason, it's good to see you bro honestly," Big Rick replies, clapping his hands together and bowing slightly. "It's always great to see you too," Indi says, her voice soft and sweet as a warm smile spreads across her lips. "Is this your girl?" Big Rick questions cunningly, pointing as he studies me up and down. I feel myself beginning to blush and I move over slightly behind Indi, doing my best to avoid eye contact with Big Rick. It's not that I was afraid or anything, I just had never been introduced as anyone's "girl" before. I smile softly to myself as a warm feeling begins coursing through my body as I continue to think about that one word. "I'm Indi's girl, or am I? " I think to myself before I can continue the internal fight I was bound to begin having with myself in my head, Indi grabs me by my waist and pulls me from behind her. "Yeah, this is my girl," Indi answers passionately, as she turns her head to the side and looks down at me, smiling. "She's cute but you know Shekinah's not gonna be happy about her being here," Big Rick replies, a concerned expression in his eyes. Indi looks to Big Rick and back down at me before shrugging and saying nothing in reply. "Whatever tho, my sister will be fine, it's all good, you know Tay, I really do miss your purple hair sometimes," Big Rick says with a small laugh. "It's indigo, my hair is indigo," Indi whines as she shakes her head in playful disappointment. "Right so purple, that's what I said, anyway enjoy the party g, I heard Lele's going all out tonight," Big Rick replies as he ushers us towards the doors. 

"Don't stay posted up outside the front door all night," Indi calls back with a wink as she holds the door open for me and waits for me to walk in. I walk into the building, my eyes immediately settling on more people walking about and dancing to some song that was blaring through the speakers. There was a wooden staircase to my right that lead to wherever and a bunch of weird things covered the wall. I watched as people moved back and forth from the things on the wall and I assumed that's where they were getting the drinks Indi called "alcohol" that she had told me about earlier. "So why does he call you Tay?" I ask, turning around to face Indi. "Because my middle name is Taylor, my full name is Indigo Taylor Moon," Indi says with a smile as she grabs my hand and begins leading me through the large group of people. Before I can even ask where we're going, we make our way through another set of doors on the other end of the building. We step out onto a huge wooden deck complete with little tables and chairs and pretty warm lights that hung from the conveniently placed roof. "Didi!" a large group of girls calls out in excitement as Indi is bombarded with hugs. The girls squeal and jump about as they each pile on to Indi who just stands there smiling, trying to hug each of them back. I smile at the sight, curious to know what it feels like to be welcomed with open arms or at the very least, missed. I shake my head and look away, rocking back and forth on my feet as the small group of girls untangle themselves from each other. I look over at the bar on the end of the patio, my eyes meeting those of a red-haired girl who definitely didn't look too happy at my presence. Her red hair complimented her deep, dark skin well. The girl had hair that looked a lot like Lonnie's but much, much longer, this girls' hair hung just under her knees, but she was sitting down so it could probably be much shorter. If the girl wasn't staring me down to death, I'd probably go as far as to say that she was pretty but all I could manage to think about her right now was that she was very intimidating.