The End

How can you miss someone you've never met?

'Cause I need you now but I don't know you yet

But can you find me soon because I'm in my head?

Yeah, I need you now but I don't know you yet

'Cause lately it's been hard

They're selling me for parts

And I don't wanna be modern art

But I only got half a heart

To give to you

How can you miss someone you've never seen?

Oh tell me, are your eyes brown, blue, or green?

And do you like it with sugar and cream?

Or do you take it straight, oh, just like me?

Yeah, lately it's been hard

They're selling me for parts

And I don't wanna be modern art

But I only got half a heart

To give to you

And I hope it's enough

Ooh, ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh, ooh

How can you miss someone you've never met?

'Cause I need you now but I don't know you yet

But can you find me soon because I'm in my head?

Yeah, I need you now but I don't know you yet

I need you now but I don't know you yet

Harry came to the end of his song, staring into Louis's eyes from across the room with tears streaming down his face. As Louis ran over to comfort him, Harry cried into his shoulder whilst receiving odd looks from their friends and family.

Louis decided that being around people wasn't the best thing right now, so he led Harry outside for some fresh air. The boys led down on the grass; Harry curled into Louis's side as the stars reflexed in the glistening of his orbs.

"She felt so real," Harry whispered as Louis held him tighter.

"Maybe she was," Louis breathed back, gaining him a confused look from the younger boy. Louis just pointed to the sky, allowing Harry time to follow the direction as his mouth curled into a faint smile at the star alignment in the sky. The outline of the letter B was shining down towards them and Louis kissed Harry's temple softly.

The boys stayed in their embrace for a short while before Louis noticed a figure in the distance. "Hey, H, do you know who that is?"

Harry raised his head to look at Louis before turning to face the direction of his gesture. Sure enough, there was an outline of a girl heading towards them. As she came closer, they could make out the soft features of her face that was framed by her long, curly, blonde hair.

"What are you doing here? Who are you?" Louis instantly began to bombard the young girl with questions as he held Harry tightly against his chest.

"I'm sorry, I don't mean to interrupt. I just came to give you each a letter and thought I should introduce myself properly." The girl handed them both a vaguely familiar envelope with a small smile, holding back another box that rested in her fingertips.

They stared at the envelops in their hands, both with beautiful cursive writing of blue and green marked on the front. The young girl turned her attention to Harry before continuing.

"Harry," he looked up at her, "I also want you to have this."

She handed him the white box, tied neatly with a baby pink ribbon. As he opened it slowly, his eyes rested on a necklace. It was an angel, holding a diamond heart, and he began to read the note aloud.

I've struggled for so long without the people that I need in my life. I'm sorry that I can't do this anymore. I want you to take this necklace and keep it safe for me. One day, when you meet an angel on earth who is still fighting, I want you to give it to them. Remind them that they can fly and be free. They can spread their wings and keep their head high. Tell them about me. Tell them that I will watch over them forever, just like I will with you. I love you.

I'm sorry.

Bethany x

"Is this some kind of sick joke?" Louis seethed at the girl as Harry welled up. Louis gently rocked him in his arms whilst the girl stood mouth agape at Louis's accusation.

Harry began to shake his head. "No, Louis. I never told anyone." He whispered before turning his attention back to the girl. "Did you know her?"

"Yes. I tried to save my best friend, Bethany, when I was younger, but I guess I failed. We all had to move on with our lives after she committed suicide when she was 13. She was bullied for having two dads."

"I'm so sorry." Harry chocked on his words before the girl continued.

"I was the one who found her. I took her to the hospital but she died the following day. October 25th."

"October 25th?" Louis's eyes widened as he flicked between the girl and Harry. The same day of the crash. Harry kissed Louis's lips, whispering sweet nothings whilst he took his turn to cry.

She paused to allow Louis to take a breath before she spoke to him. "When you reached out, I saw it as a second chance, kind of like I was helping her by helping you. My real name is Hattie, but you know me as the girl at 28."

Thank you so much for reading this book! Let me know what you thought. Did you see that coming?

If you liked this then check out my new story 'Our Love Was Made For Movie Screens'!