Chapter Twenty-Six

(A/N: Detailed self-harm scene in this chapter. Please don't read if this is something that could affect you. Speak to someone if you need help. I love you x )

"Welcome home," Louis whispered as Bethany held a tight grip to his upper arm and he led her to the sofa in the living room. Harry followed swiftly behind with her belongings that had been delivered from her old house.

Over the following weeks, the boys decorated her room and settled her in to their family life. She was content, happy, as Harry and Louis included her in their wedding plans. It was clear to her that she had a stronger bond with Harry, but Louis still loved her all the same.

The adoption papers were completed and she officially became Bethany Tomlinson, receiving the same surname that the family would take once Harry and Louis were married. Harry called her B and she pondered constantly over how she got so lucky to have such wonderful dads.

...

The first day of school, post summer, arrived fast. Nervously approaching the gates, she turned to wave at the boys in the car before stepping in front of the intimidating building. Children from a range of ages wandered through the grounds. A few boys were playing football on the field in their suits and each of the girls were huddled in clicks.

This school was expensive; Bethany knew that. It still surprised her at how withdrew she felt. Her birth family didn't have much money, and even though she may have looked like she belonged, she didn't know what to say or how to act around these people.

The bell sounded through the air along with a loud set of groans from students as they made their way through the doors. Bethany quickly pulled out her phone to check her timetable that had been emailed electronically and headed inside in search of room 16.

Thankfully, the classroom she was looking for was near the entrance and she hesitantly placed herself in the doorway. Almost half the seats were filled, and students were too busy chatting about their summer vacations to notice her presence.

An old, short lady was writing on the whiteboard as Bethany coughed subtly. The lady turned her head in her direction and Bethany offered a weak smile. 'Guess this grumpy old hag is my form tutor' Bethany thought to herself after being told to take a seat rather rudely.

Soon enough, the classroom was full and the lady, who introduced herself as Ms Weaver, began to discuss the new academic year. Suddenly, the door flew open and in walked a rather laid back girl.

She had long, curly, blonde hair and striking blue eyes. Her uniform was neat, but Bethany noticed a clear lacking display of rule following as a silver necklace hung around her neck, matching two rings around her index finger. Jewellery was strictly prohibited, but with a handbag sitting lazily on her shoulder, she clearly didn't care.

"Harriet Lawrence, you are late. Take off your jewellery and sit down. Now." Ms Weaver stated as Harriet rolled her eyes and made her way over to Bethany. She chucked her bag to the floor, pulled out the chair, and sat down with a sigh.

"What a bitch." Bethany let out a small gasp at Harriet's choice of words and received a small chuckle in return. Harriet outstretched her hand before continuing. "Hattie. You are?"

Bethany took her hand and shook it firmly. "New," she stated.

"I'll tell you what Sherlock Holmes, you are unbelievable." Hattie laughed at the girl sat beside her.

"Bethany."

What she intended to be a confident introduction faded into a whisper and Hattie looked at her shy posture guiltily.