14.

tw; almost dying/relapsing mention

I woke up the next morning in the same position we had fallen asleep in. My hand was draped over her chest, holding her as close to me as I could muster. She was curled against my front, her hands wrapped around my arm in a protective grasp. I smiled to myself as I snuggled into her, feeling her breathing change as she started to wake up. She turned around so she could face me, a gigantic smile forming on her face.

"Good morning, gorgeous."

"Good morning." I smiled, lightly grazing her lips with mine. "Did I tell you how much I appreciate you?"

"You've said it a few times but, I'd be okay with hearing it again." she smirked. "How was your sleep?"

"The first dreamless sleep I've had in a long time, actually."

"Good. You don't deserve bad dreams plaguing you during the night."

She tucked some hair behind my ear, pressing another light kiss to my lips as we laid there, wrapped in each other's arms. I nuzzled myself into her side, taking in this moment. I had a sinking feeling in my stomach that something would happen, but it was something I didn't want to think about right now. All I cared about was being in her arms, being with her- where I truly belonged.

We trudged out of the pillow fort for coffee around 8:30, smiling at Matt and Kristy, who most definitely had that post sex glow. But then again, we did too. So we ended up just staring at each other, silently agreeing that last night would not be talked about. Especially because me and JJ christened the living room before Matt and Kristy did. I chuckled at the thought, smiling to myself as JJ came and stood behind me, a hand going around my waist.

"So what's the plan for today?"

"The boys have a game at three, if you'd like to tag along?" Kristy asked, looking at JJ. "You're more than welcome to stay back if you'd prefer-"

"Oh I'd love to come. I'm sure they'd love to have me there too, cheering them on."

"They'll be so happy to hear you're coming! Oh, I'm so excited."

We talked for a few more minutes before the boys came down, smiling at us as they went to the table for breakfast. I passed them the box of Cheerios, making sure the two of them didn't pour too much in before adding the milk. JJ and I decided to split a stack of pancakes, her being absolutely cheesy and feeding me forkfuls while the boys laughed at us. The twins came down a few minutes later, sitting down at the table while Kristy placed their plates in front of them. We went over the plans with them, reminding them that the boys had a soccer game that we were all going to, and then afterwards we were going to go out to dinner. JJ snuck a look at me, which I returned with my own look. There was a slim chance that we'd run into anyone we knew, right?

The game came around faster than I thought it would, and we all sat in the bleachers while David and Jake ran across the field. I cheered in support, holding up the little sign JJ and I made for them with their jersey numbers on it and a cute little "GO BOYS GO!" written across the top in big block letters. It was absolutely amazing to see the boys play in person, since Kristy had always sent me videos of them practicing in the backyard before games- I had never been able to go to one until now. JJ watched me pretty much the whole time, laughing at me as I reacted to each play, and almost stood up to go talk to the idiot of a ref when he blew the whistle on Jake. She held my hand every moment that I wasn't holding up the sign, and snuck a few flirty glances at me throughout the game as well.

Their team ended up winning with a final score of 4-2 , Jake scoring the last goal. They all hugged in the middle of the field, and I smiled softly at them as they ran to the bleachers to greet us. Matt helped them gather their stuff before we piled back to the car, heading towards the local El Tucan. El Tucan was my favorite place to get Mexican, and I went there at least once every time I came home. Matt pulled into the parking spot before I noticed it.